Is a plaster ceiling harmful?
Plaster ceilings in old and new buildings help to save energy
What are the advantages of the plaster ceiling?
If you cover your ceiling with plasterboard, you have several options for an individual interior design. You can embellish the plaster ceilings with paint, plaster or filler or cover them with wallpaper. Compared to other stretch ceilings such as ceiling sails and innovative acoustic ceilings, plaster ceilings are significantly cheaper and they are easy to assemble. A look at the benefits will help you decide:
- easy to assemble
- improved sound insulation
- Reduction of thermal energy
- not harmful to health
- high stability
- many design options
How do I process the ceiling systems?
Typically it is plasterboard with a cardboard cover. These sturdy plasterboard panels for acoustic ceilings are available in different formats. If you work alone, smaller formats make sense. With a helper, the assembly of larger panels is no problem either.
First you determine the material requirements. Use the ceiling area to calculate the number of panels you need. You should round up generously because there is always a certain amount of waste. A cutter is sufficient for cutting the panels. With this you scratch the line drawn previously or along the straight edge. After that, light pressure is enough to break the plasterboard. You cut the cardboard on the back cleanly so that nothing tears out. The edges can then be smoothed with an edge planer.
How do I install plasterboard ceiling cladding?
You now screw the plaster ceilings or plasterboard to the lath construction that is already on the ceiling. The edges point downwards. If a metal substructure is installed, phosphated drywall screws with fine thread are the right choice. Galvanized construction screws are unsuitable for the plaster filler that is typically used in interior construction. A look at the joint geometry is relevant for the assembly and the other plastering work in the interior. There are:
- Filling technique with a joint width of four millimeters,
- Gluing technology with a joint width of two millimeters,
- pointed Geipel joint (V joint, four millimeters wide at the top).
How do I do the plastering work correctly?
For a uniform appearance, precise plastering of the joints, screw heads and small unevenness is required. Before this step, you prime the cut edges of the plasterboard so that the filler holds well. Putty knife and plaster ceiling do not have the same absorbency. The deep primer solves this problem and makes screw heads and joints invisible.
After mixing the filler, press it across the joints with a trowel. You pull this off sharply until the surface is flat. If fine deposits are visible after drying, these can be carefully removed. A smoothing trowel is helpful for the final filling process. You need a permanently elastic sealant for the transitions or joints to the walls. If you use the normal filler here, cracks can form due to temperature fluctuations.
What should be considered when attaching to the plaster ceiling?
The weight, size and type of installation of the ceiling systems must match the structural situation, otherwise problems can arise. Sustainability and environmental protection also play a role. If you only want to cover up wooden wool ceilings, light plasterboard is sufficient. For the installation of lighting or other elements, however, a reinforced support structure is required that offers the necessary fire protection. You should make sure that the screw connections are of the right quality:
- Tilting dowels that require little space are useful for ceiling lights.
- Precise planning is important for ceiling spotlights with transformers, taking into account the load-bearing capacity and fire protection.
- For heavy hanging lights, a correspondingly stable construction is required. If the drill holes become too large during fastening, they can simply be plastered back in.
How high is the load-bearing capacity of plaster and acoustic ceilings?
Compared to the concrete ceiling, light acoustic ceilings and plaster ceilings offer a lower load-bearing capacity. In addition to the stability of the ceiling systems, it is important to choose the right dowels:
- Plaster of paris walls have a maximum load capacity of 40 kilograms, regardless of which dowels you use.
- Metal cavity anchors are recommended for heavy, deep loads on the wall.
- For plaster ceilings, you need cavity anchors that have been specially developed for ceiling structures. Here, the permissible weight load per dowel is six kilograms, based on a panel field and meter.
What are the disadvantages of plaster ceilings?
Building materials such as gypsum are mainly used for renovating old buildings. Despite their merits, there are some negatives:
- Cracks can form due to climatic fluctuations.
- Before painting and filling, you have to cover or clear out all furniture.
- Repairs to the installed lines are very cumbersome, because the ceiling panels usually have to be completely removed: simple repairs are not possible.
- What was the bubble burst in the US
- Are there male psychopaths and serial killers
- What's your favorite dead word
- What is a theatrical experience
- How is the Great Lakes Cloud Computing Diploma
- How can I update a portable Kodi
- How many Americans can code
- How much did Albert Einstein study
- What is the best beer in Argentina
- How can you be the change
- You can take off 100 under hypnosis
- What are free cloud services on AWS
- Has pepsin tertiary or quaternary structures
- Where are icons stored in WordPress
- Why doesn't someone impress you in the past
- Who is this person in the photo
- Why is google translator still so bad
- What is technology commercialization
- Bandicam has a watermark
- Are there jobs that require HTML
- You can write really well
- The dollar will continue to appreciate
- What is a police sheriff
- Uses Hadoop SQL
- What should I do after MTech CS
- What color is conspicuous on black?
- Does it hurt to be stabbed?
- What affects the energy level of carnivores
- Who invented the world
- Can we make money by downloading the app
- What is the tallest building in Vietnam
- What is a safe hashing algorithm
- DVD player cannot play DVDs