Which artist sang the song Rose Garden
(I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden
(I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden(often shortened to Rose Garden) is a country song that was written and recorded for the first time by Joe South, but only became a worldwide hit when interpreted by Lynn Anderson. The huge success of the single ensured that Anderson's version of the piece became one of the most famous songs in country music. The name of the song is identical to the title of a novel published by Joanne Greenberg in 1964.
Writer Joe South recorded the song for his 1969 album Introspect and wanted to express that not everything is perfect in his relationship, but that they should see the good in it and cope with the worse aspects more easily. Although South was a well-known country singer, the song was not noticed by anyone. Another version can also be found on the album Fantastic of the American soul & blues band 3rd Avenue Blues Band from 1969, which was also released as a single.
It wasn't until a year later that the piece became a huge success when Lynn Anderson covered it. She had with me in 1967 Promises, promises has already posted a number 1 album in the country charts, but has not yet achieved a number 1 position with a single.
At Columbia Records, they weren't happy to play South's composition at first, as the label says the lyrics are made up of lines like I could promise you things like big diamond rings clearly indicates a male first-person narrator and this does not allow a woman to interpret the song credibly. However, Anderson insisted on recording the song. In the end, the number was only recorded because there was time left at the end of a session and you wanted to use it.
The single was produced by Anderson's husband Glenn Sutton and released in October 1970. It became an instant success. The song not only reached number one in the US country charts in Billboard Magazine, it became a crossover hit that also reached third place on the pop charts. At the same time, the number also took third place in the UK charts and other top placements in European countries (including 1st place in Norway, Germany and Switzerland) what Rose Garden one of the most successful country songs in Europe. The song also took first place in Australia and Japan.
In 1971, Anderson won the Grammy Award in the category Best female vocal performance - Country.
The song was later covered by other artists, including Glen Campbell, Martina McBride, Dottie West and Audrey Landers.
- ↑ Roland, Tom: The Billboard Book Of Number One Country Hits. New York City / New York: Billboard Books; London: Guiness Publishing Ltd., 1991, p. 48
- ^ Whitburn, Joel: Top pop singles 1955-1993. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Ltd., 1994, p. 15
- ↑ Nugent, Stephen / Fowler, Anne / Fowler, Pete: Chart Log of American / British Top 20 Hits, 1955-1974. In: Gillett, Charlie / Frith, Simon (eds.): Rock File 4. Frogmore, St. Albans: Panther Books, 1976, p. 70
- ↑ Ehnert, Günter (Ed.): Hit record. German chart singles 1956-1980. Hamburg: Taurus Press, 1990, p. 17
- How does a stutter start?
- Is Newton's 3rd law correct?
- Halal is Dunkin Donuts Foam Coffee Cup
- Can I go for Mahindra Nuvusport SUV
- What are the attractions of Pesaro Italy
- Where can I get free beta testers
- How does handicap football betting work
- Will reopen MAVNI
- Who pays zakat fard
- What is perception
- How many women have run for the presidency
- How do you learn to listen
- What do boys think of ugly girls
- How bankruptcy and bankruptcy codes work
- How do I stop having sexual urges
- What is Jungkook from BTS's individual style
- What is Photoshop Art
- Undealization can be caused by excessive study
- Which animal does not produce a sound?
- Netflix also includes games
- How do you use probability formulas
- How is DevTestOps different from DevSecOps
- How can something random be repeated 1
- What is the need for emotion