Has Raspberry PI 3 B WiFi
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
The Raspberry Pi is a mini computer that is very cheap and only costs around 40 euros. The "Raspberry Pi 3 B" model is a continuous further development of the previous "Raspberry Pi 2 B" model.
The Raspberry Pi 3 contains a quad-core processor with 1.2 GHz from Broadcom and an SDRAM memory with 1 GByte.
Compared to its predecessor, the dimensions of the board (86 x 56 x 20 cm), the position of the interfaces and the wiring of the GPIO pins have remained the same. Only the two status LEDs have changed their position, which is why they are no longer visible in one or the other case.
Instead of the SD card slot with a spring mechanism, there is a simple plug-in slot in which the microSD card is simply inserted and removed.
Overall, this means that you can usually continue to use both the housing and the extensions.
The specialty of the Raspberry Pi 3 is that WLAN according to IEEE 802.11 b / g / n and Bluetooth Low Energy are onboard and do not have to be retrofitted with external USB adapters.
WLAN and Bluetooth onboard
The specialty of the Raspberry Pi 3 is that WLAN according to IEEE 802.11 b / g / n in the 2.4 GHz range with 150 Mbit / s and Bluetooth low energy are onboard and do not have to be retrofitted with external USB adapters.
This means that you do not need to buy the necessary components in addition. So it will be easier to experiment with it. You have everything in one and you don't have to hope that the additionally purchased components will somehow work. In the past there were always difficulties with hardware detection or driver problems.
Driver problems are ruled out because Broadcom's BCM43143 WLAN chip on the Raspberry Pi 3 B is identical to the official Raspberry Pi WLAN adapter.
In addition, the WLAN chip is not connected to the internal USB, but to the SDIO bus and is therefore independent of the USB. This should relieve the USB in many applications.
However, the WLAN adapter of the Raspberry Pi 3 only has about 11 Mbit / s. And yet the effective bandwidth should be higher than with an external WLAN adapter.
Since Raspbian Jessie from 2016-05-10 there has been a graphical tool in the taskbar of the desktop environment LXDE for managing the internal or an external Bluetooth component. This allows you to select the device you want and establish a Bluetooth connection.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth onboard also mean that you should keep your hands off metal housings, as this severely limits the range of the radio signals. So if you want to use the Raspberry Pi 3 B with WLAN or Bluetooth, then it should be a plastic case.
The Raspberry Pi 3 is advertised with its 64-bit support. This is quite normal today with modern CPUs. However, 64 bit on the hardware side must also be supported by the operating system and software. And this is exactly where the wheat is separated from the chaff. A program must be explicitly designed for 64 bit. However, 64 bit is not used by many programs and depends heavily on the requirements.
In addition, 64 bits can be more of a curse than a blessing. 64 bit also uses twice as much RAM than the same program in 32 bit, since the address values are twice as wide and therefore more data has to be transferred.
It is doubtful whether the porting of the kernel and the programs will come so quickly. Until then, the Raspberry Pi 3 will enjoy at least 40% better performance.
- System-on-Chip: BCM2837 64 bit ARMv8 from Broadcom
- Processor: Quad-core processor with 1.2 GHz
- GPU: Dual-core GPU VideoCore IV with OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenVG with hardware acceleration and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decoding
- Main memory: 1 GByte LPDDR2-SDRAM
- WLAN: BCM43143 onboard for IEEE 802.11b, g and n in the 2.4 GHz range
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Classic and Low Energy (BLE) onboard (Bluetooth 4.1)
The ARMv8 architecture contains Cortex-A53 computing cores, which are faster than the old Cortex-A7 cores of the Raspberry Pi 2 B at the same rate. However, only new software benefits from the 64-bit capabilities of the ARMv8 architecture. ARMv8 firmware is not planned for Raspbian until later.
However, one can assume that with a little more power consumption, the Raspberry Pi 3 B is about 80 percent faster than the Raspberry Pi 2 B.
- RJ45 Ethernet connection with 10/100 Mbit / s
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 4-pin jack plug with stereo output and composite video
- HDMI connection
- 15-pin MPI-CSI-2 connector for HD video camera
- 15-pin serial display interface connector (DSI), e.g. for the official touchscreen display for the Raspberry Pi
- 40-pin GPIO header with serial buses
- MicroSD slot
- Micro-USB for connecting a power supply unit with over 2.4 A.
More Raspberry Pi models
Other related topics:
Experience electronics with the Raspberry Pi
All-in-one electronics starter kit for every Raspberry Pi
With breakout board, ribbon cable, breadboard and many electronic components. The whole package is rounded off with an English-language tutorial with programming examples in C, Python and Java for download.
I want that!
- Why is Bill Russell famous
- Why is Nordstrom so successful
- What is the full form of IGM
- What is a CBR value
- Why is particle decay probabilistic
- Creation of websites for clients HTML or CMS
- Where do I buy Instagram followers
- How many Japanese lived in Nazi Germany
- What are some underrated bucket list goals
- How do I clean hard water
- Why does water damage cell phones
- Why should investors be careful with gold?
- What is cardiogenic shock
- How did Harry Potter defeat the basilisk
- Medicare is unconstitutional for everyone
- Mango is a tropical fruit
- Do dental implants work like real teeth?
- What is a lemon bar
- How can I create an Apple ID
- What is the definition of reverse breakdown voltage
- Is it difficult to live in Nashville?
- What was your biggest LOL moment
- Sleep apnea causes an enlarged heart
- How can we help the martyrs of the army?