What time is it in London
Current time in london, united kingdom
London time zone: UTC + 01: 00 or BST
It's summer time in London.
Time change in London
|Type of conversion||Date and time of the time change||Time change|
|Summertime began||Sunday March 28, 2021 at 1:00 AM and Sunday March 28, 2021 at 1:00 AM||The clocks were put forward by one hour.|
|Daylight saving time ends||Sunday October 31, 2021 at 2:00 am Sunday October 31. 2021 at 2:00 AM||The clocks are put back one hour.|
|Daylight saving time begins||Sunday March 27, 2022 at 1:00 AM and Sunday March 27, 2022 at 1:00 AM||The clocks are put forward by one hour.|
Sunrise and sunset in London
Time and time zones
The length of a solar day is determined by the time it takes for the earth to complete a full revolution around its axis, which corresponds to 24 hours. The rotation of the earth on its axis leads to a change between day and night. Another consequence of this rotation is the fact that when moving 15 ° from west to east, the local solar time increases by one hour.
In everyday life, people use official local time, which is almost always different from solar time. The entire surface of the earth is divided into time zones. All locations within the same time zone observe the same time. Time zone boundaries usually follow country or administrative boundaries. The time difference between adjacent time zones is typically an hour, although sometimes the time in adjacent time zones can differ by two or more hours. There are also cases where the adjacent time zone difference is 30 or 45 minutes.
For most countries, the entire country area is within the same time zone. Countries whose territory extends a significant distance from west to east, such as Russia, United States, Canada, Brazil, and a few others, are usually divided into a few time zones. A notable exception is China, where Beijing Time is the official time across the country.
Coordinated Universal Time or UTC is the reference point for determining the times in the various time zones. UTC corresponds to the mean solar time at the prime meridian or Greenwich meridian (0 ° longitude). The time offset from UTC ranges from UTC-12: 00 to UTC + 14: 00.
Almost all countries in Europe and North America as well as many other countries observe daylight saving time and set their clocks one hour forward in spring and one hour back in autumn. In these countries the time difference to UTC changes twice a year. Most countries do not observe daylight saving time.
- Iranians are very tough negotiators
- What is the future of English
- A nuclear reaction takes place spontaneously
- Why did Everquest die
- What are some alternatives to alltop com
- What is RPAD SQL
- What is special about Dharmapuri
- Why are snails so sluggish
- What are the consequences of arson
- Why does love make people so serious
- Is Uber successful in Amsterdam
- What makes you regret lately
- What is a native element
- How do raw dead birds taste
- Is Tiananmen Square in Beijing
- What animal gives salt through its nose?
- How can latitude and longitude be described
- What are your favorite spaghetti westerns
- You can study woodwork in London
- Doomsday hunters are right at some point, but ultimately wrong
- What is the scope of tradable instruments
- Is there a sport without a referee
- What Democrats became Republicans
- Why is Nijntje called Miffy in English