A grudge can make you sick
The Power of Repressed Emotions: How Internal Anger Can Affect Mental Health
Negative emotions such as anger, hatred, anger, anger or aggression have existed since the beginning of human existence. These arise in an evolutionarily old area of our brain, the limbic system. This has a collection of nerve cell bodies at approximately temple level - the amygdala. Linked to the cerebral cortex, the amygdala is responsible for a wide range of emotions. It is considered the control center for the feelings of fear and anger and processes stimulus information from the eyes and ears in their context. If this happens, it deactivates the inhibiting cerebral cortex and sends warning signals to the entire body via the hypothalamus. Although the hypothalamus also sends warning signals back to the controlling cerebral cortex, it is much slower than the limbic system. This creates an uncontrolled anger before we regain control after a while.
When we are angry, we change the characteristics of our facial expressions. Our face becomes a grimace - the eyebrows contract, the eyes pinch, our lower jaw pushes forward and we show our teeth. Studies show that we perceive angry faces faster than friendly ones. For our body, this is its way of saying, “Be careful, it's best not to approach.” Anger arises in many different ways over the course of the life cycle. While the defiance phase is an important building block for developing their own personality in young children, there are various triggers for adults, such as B. injustice, disrespect, attack on one's own personality, exploitation, disappointment, inappropriate criticism, violation of self-esteem or excessive demands and harassment. When combined with thoughts of revenge, anger is an explosive mixture that can lead to aggression. This is a permanent impulsivity that manifests itself in the affect. It is considered a psychological protective reaction that is triggered by internal and external conditions.
- Can an animagus be a mythical animal
- How does Ayurveda fit in with our country?
- Which composers influenced Jean Sibelius
- How has military education evolved over the course of history?
- European women meet American men
- What stocks was NR Sushi trading yesterday
- Why are some deer deformed antlers
- What is the lightest laptop ever
- What happened to my phone 1
- What is the Zamindari System
- When does DoorDash open
- Who would win Gohan or Jiren?
- What problems do science students face
- What is the weather like in Chicago 1
- What is a life full of promises
- What's the point of spelling bees
- Does MIT have a robot team
- Are UPenn Engineering Sciences programs underrated
- Should doctors be employed
- Who is Cassandra in Stargate SG 1
- What is the technology stack behind Spotify
- How is Girona
- How's the education in Pennsylvania
- Can trading strategies be copyrighted?
- What are the best fireworks that I can buy
- What does the dominant left eye mean
- Can you catch your partner cheating online
- How is outdoor education in Singapore
- How do I grow seeds
- How do I reduce fake Facebook friends
- HI is more acidic than HBR Why
- Atheists don't accept anything by faith