How good is a BSc in Agriculture
Study Ambassador Agriculture Dual
Video for agriculture dual from topagrar
Video by Claus Meyer, editor of topagrar / südplus
Students who are about to complete their bachelor’s degree give a brief statement on the dual agriculture study model.
- To do this, click on the picture of the student ambassadors -
The Weihenstephan Department has been offering the dual agriculture bachelor's degree since July 2011. With this range of courses, you can complete your bachelor's degree in agriculture and vocational training as a farmer within four and a half years. The course follows the curriculum of the Agriculture course, which leads to the completion of the Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) After seven semesters.
Various actors in the agricultural education system contribute their special competencies to the dual study program in Agriculture:
- Training companies in Bavaria: Center for practical training
- Inter-company training institutions: Supplement to practical training
- Vocational school: Targeted preparation for the regular intermediate and final exams in vocational training as a farmer
- University: Center for theoretical training (Bachelor's degree in Agriculture)
These facilities offer the above-mentioned modules in a concept that is coordinated in terms of content and time. This ensures a high level of learning success in a time-optimized manner.
The objective of the degree program Agriculture dual is to train managers with comprehensive practical skills and theoretical knowledge for agricultural companies and agricultural institutions. Here 'theory and practice' are linked in a variety of ways. The dual course of study places greater demands on the student's self-discipline and perseverance than a normal course of study. It is therefore aimed at particularly motivated and goal-oriented students.
A difference to the pure Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture is that the dual study model Agriculture is that the degree is preceded by a 15-month training phase. The dual student begins his training on July 1st and starts his studies in Weihenstephan in the winter semester of the following year (October 1st). The remaining 9 months of training take place during the semester break and as part of the practical semester. The dual student has to take the regular intermediate and final exams as part of their professional training to become a farmer. The intermediate examination takes place during the semester break between the 1st and 2nd theoretical semesters. The final exam is taken during the practical semester (4th semester). The internship semester may not be completed on the parental company. The training period amounts to a total of 24 months and extends over a period of approx. 3 years. Vocational training as a farmer can be completed at the end of the 4th semester.
After a further third theoretical semester, the dual student can complete the Bachelor's degree in Agriculture with a Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Degree.
The sample schedule clarifies the exact timing of the combination of training and studies. The designation of the sample schedule refers to the time the training begins. Thus, the 'sample schedule - year 2021' affects the trainees who start their vocational training on July 1st, 2021.
Vocational training as a farmer as part of the dual agriculture study model includes all actors in the agricultural education system, as is customary in traditional vocational training as a farmer. The 24-month training period is thus made up of practical time on the training companies, inter-company training measures and vocational school periods. The vocational school lessons take place in a blocked, abbreviated form.
Inter-company training (ÜA)
The dual student completes the classic inter-company training measures at the specialized teaching institutions throughout Bavaria. Every dual student takes part in five inter-company training measures during their training period. The sixth course (welding course) takes place during the 1st theory semester of the HSWT. All inter-company training measures are set out in the training contract.
- Born 2011 - Basic animal husbandry course
There is no attendance at vocational school during in-company training. The dual students in the Weihenstephan department are grouped together in their own specialist class. The lessons tailored to the university subject are taught at the Pfaffenhofen State Vocational School. A total of 9 weeks of block tuition takes place over the entire training period. Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences is expressly in favor of attending the vocational school.
Vocational training as a farmer can be done in the dual study model agriculture at any recognized, cooperating training company in Bavaria to be completed.
How can I find an apprenticeship position?
- Recognized training companies for occupations in the Bavarian agricultural sector can be found on the pages of the Bavarian State Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Forests: https://www.stmelf.bayern.de/abd/
- Advice on the dual agriculture study model is available from the Assistant for Dual Agriculture, Ms. Graf. (Tel .: 08161 / 71-6452, E-mail: johanna.graf () hswt.de)
Training allowance / vacation entitlement
During their in-company training, the dual students receive the tariff training allowance applicable for training to become a farmer. Vocational school lessons and inter-company training are part of the 24-month training period and are therefore to be paid for by the training company.
In proportion to the various training blocks, the dual student has the right to the vacation stipulated by the collective agreement.
Based on the standard training contract for farmers, the Bavarian State Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Forestry provides a special training contract. The contract form is available under Documents. In the appendix to the contract form you will find an information sheet with the exact training times. Participation in the dual system is only possible with this special training contract. The training company has to send the training contract in triplicate to the responsible office for food, agriculture and forestry. The trainee sends a copy of the registered training contract as part of his application for a dual study place to the Weihestephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences. If the entry is delayed through no fault of your own, please contact the Agricultural Assistant dual. The application period begins at the beginning of May and ends on July 1st in the year in which the training begins.
The training contract (s) for the 24-month training period should be concluded before the start of vocational training. In the case of vocational training at two training companies, the first training contract must still include the training period during the semester break of the 1st theory semester.
In exceptional cases, the second training contract can be submitted when you enroll in the course (September of the following year after the start of the training). (Preclusive period)
In order to regulate the legal relationship between the training company and the Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences, a special agreement must be concluded. The cooperation agreement, like the training contract form, is published under 'Documents'. This must be signed in duplicate by the training company and submitted by the student to us by July 1st of the application year at the latest.
You apply to the university in Weihenstephan in the year the training begins (May 1 - July 1) and choose a cooperative training company yourself. A smooth process can only be guaranteed with a Bavarian training company. The same entry requirements apply to Agriculture dual as to the Bachelor's degree in Agriculture. Your study place is guaranteed if you submit all documents on time!
Application steps before the start of training:
- Look for a recognized, cooperating training company in BAVARIA as early as possible.
- Conclude the special, dual training contract with your training company and send the contract for registration to the regionally responsible office for food, agriculture and forestry. (The first training contract must contain at least the first two training phases.)
- Have the cooperation agreement signed by the training company. (2-way)
- Apply to the Weihenstephan University between May 1st and July 1st in the year in which your training begins. General information, including which documents you must upload with your online application for dual agriculture (Weihenstephan), can be found here. The registered training contract confirmed by the office can also be uploaded to the application portal. The cooperation agreement must be sent in duplicate in paper format by the application deadline for the dual study program (receipt at the university).
Application steps after the start of training:
- The notifications of admission will be sent out in August.
Since you will first complete 15 months of your vocational training, you do not need to register initially. It is important that you keep the approval in a safe place so that you can present it again in the following year!
- Between May 1st and July 1st of the following year you have to reapply to the HSWT for Agriculture dual (Weihenstephan). Please submit the application for preferential admission in your application and upload your notification of admission before submitting the application.
- Online enrollment takes place in August of the following year (note the date in the new notification of admission!). Otherwise the place will be forfeited. The entire training period should be contractually fixed at the latest when you start your studies.
The designation of the schedule refers to the time of the start of the training. Thus, the 'sample schedule - year 2021' affects the trainees who start their vocational training on July 1st, 2021.
(Subject to change)
(Subject to change)
(Subject to change)
(Subject to change)
- Why is Facebook increasing its advertising costs
- Why should we control noise pollution
- Which zodiac sign is the most sensitive
- Why does the person go
- Who is Hazrat Ali
- How do I portion meat
- How does it help one to achieve a goal?
- Is JAMA Oncology a good journal
- Which animals frighten people the most?
- Shall we teach the Bible in schools?
- What are the cons of Realme 3
- Does Mohali have an airport 1
- How can I hack at school
- What is the unforgivable sin
- How good was Freddie Flintoff at cricket
- When bed bugs bite, it itches
- How do I experiment with dry ice
- Rumi and Shams were gay lovers
- Why was the Ford GT40 discontinued
- What color looks pretty on black paint
- Where do we get alkanes from
- Have you ever got a bad tattoo
- What does void mean in C ++
- Online friendships affect youth development
- Most companies trust consultants
- Are Norwegians or Daen women beautiful?
- Who is the mascot for McDonalds
- Why is benzene called that
- Why should you adopt a black cat?
- What is your favorite subject
- What is TINNITUS remedy
- Where can I learn compact substation designs
- How do I change my English name?
- What is your best GoT dialogue