How many fruits have berries
Berries: the summer vitamin bombs
There is a particularly large selection of berries in summer. Raspberries, currants, blackberries, blueberries and gooseberries can now be found again on the weekly markets. They taste best freshly picked because they do not ripen after the harvest. Only gooseberries can be bought green and ripened at home.
VIDEO: Blueberries: small, blue and healthy (6 min)
How do you recognize fresh berries?
You cannot always tell whether the fruit is ripe by its color. Ripe strawberries, for example, are evenly red and still fresh as long as their sepals do not curl up. Fresh raspberries are pink to dark red, have a dull gloss and have firm flesh. Blueberries and blackberries should look plump and give a little when applied lightly. Freshly harvested currants are plump and have elastic stems.
Many ripe blueberries have a grayish-white veil - similar to that of plums. The plant forms the extremely delicate wax film as a natural protection so that the fruits do not dry out so quickly. On the other hand, if the blueberries are bare and very dark, they are no longer completely fresh.
Store berries properly
It is best to store berries in a cool and dark place, in the vegetable compartment of the refrigerator or in the cellar. Remove the transport packaging beforehand. Do not remove calyxes, petals and stems until just before consumption and do not put the berries in water for too long when washing them, otherwise they lose their aroma.
Protection against mold: freeze or boil down
Berries go moldy quickly. If a berry is moldy, the berries in the immediate vicinity should also be thrown away. You could already be infected with mold without being seen. Overripe fruits can be processed into smoothies or jam. To keep large quantities of berries from going moldy, they can be frozen. To do this, place them in a shallow bowl or on a tray and pre-freeze them first. In a second step, transfer the berries into freezer bags or cans. This prevents the berries from freezing together in a block and can later be removed individually.
Berries are very gesund
Berries contain many vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytochemicals that can repair damaged cells in the body. At the same time, they are low in calories: 100 grams contain a maximum of 44 calories. Because they contain a lot of fiber, berries still fill you up quickly.
- In Strawberries contains a large amount of folate, which the body needs for cells to divide. They're also high in vitamin C: 57 milligrams per 100 grams, which is more vitamin C than lemons contain 50 milligrams per 100 grams.
- Currants contain three times more vitamin C than the same amount of lemons. This strengthens the immune system. They can also help with rheumatism and gout, have a diuretic effect and promote bone building.
- In Raspberries contains the fiber pectin, which promotes healthy digestion. They also contain anthocyanins. These phytochemicals are said to even protect against cancer.
- Blackberries contain particularly high levels of vitamin A, which is important for the retina, skin and mucous membranes.
- Gooseberries keep the connective tissue of the arteries elastic and, thanks to their high silicon content, are also good for hair and nails.
- blueberries contain a lot of vitamin E, which keeps the cells elastic and can lower high blood pressure. The tannins in blueberries are anti-inflammatory and good for the brain.
Why berries are so healthy
How do wild berries differ from plantation fruit? Which ingredients make berries so healthy? How can you tell the quality when shopping? The most important facts. Picture gallery
This is how summer berries stay fresh for a long time
Raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries: Many summer berries are delicious but spoil quickly. How do they keep fresher longer? And how can overripe fruits be processed? more
Delicious berries from your own garden
Whether currants or raspberries - the juicy fruits taste delicious. In order for the harvest to be abundant, berry bushes need to be cared for and cut. more
Very simple: cook jam yourself
The trade now offers a lot of delicious fruit such as strawberries, raspberries and cherries. This can be used to make jam according to your individual taste. Tips and recipes. more
This topic in the program:
Visit | 08/21/2020 | 8:15 pm
- You can play boys in girl scouts
- We're running out of new music
- People should be looking for satisfaction
- Which IDE do you use for C ++
- What is a CPU wafer
- Like many presidents, the first were generals
- What is the Maduro diet
- How can we help the martyrs of the army?
- What if the world is without words
- Is there such a thing as an online internship
- What is 20 out of 80
- Does the Batman family fear Batman
- What constitutes a medical miracle
- What is considered good coding
- Why are Facebook timelines scrolling down
- Should alcoholics be allowed to have liver transplants
- Were you a weird kid
- What should I study help
- What happened to Harappa
- Donna Summer was the queen of the disco
- How should I deal with jealous parents?
- Why should i take caffeine pills
- Double flame connections are poisonous
- How is the Pioneer PDP 6020 manufactured
- What makes a martyr
- Can i marry my cousin in christianity
- Isn't hot water already hot?
- What do the Iranians think of Bollywood
- Hermann Goering ate sauerkraut
- What is the result of rusted iron
- What is the hierarchy in bee colonies
- How does the Powerball lottery work
- What is the best logo shop online
- Where do mangoes grow