How are electronic circuits made
Integrated circuits (IC)
Many circuits or circuit parts occur again and again in practical electronics. In order not to have to build or reinvent these, sometimes complex, circuits over and over again, they are combined in integrated circuits (IS = Integrated Circuit) and encapsulated in a housing.
Integrated Circuit Benefits
- space saving
- operationally reliable
Disadvantages of integrated circuits
- defective IC difficult to see
- a special tool is required for desoldering
- Difficult to procure spare parts due to the variety of types (special types)
Analog ICs mainly contain high and low frequency amplifiers, controllable amplifiers, mixers, filter circuits, operational amplifiers, instrumentation amplifiers, power amplifiers, reference voltage sources, voltage regulators, sample / hold, actuator (motion control) and sensor circuits.
Coils (gyrators) with very high inductance and very high quality and capacitors with very high capacitance are simulated by circuits with operational amplifiers, resistors and capacitors with low capacities. These circuits are suitable for signal processing purposes, but not for large currents and large powers.
A circuit acts like a coil when the voltage leads the current by 90 ° (phase shift).
A circuit acts like a capacitor when the current leads the voltage by 90 ° (phase shift).
Digital ICs contain circuits that process digital states and contain logical links from digital technology.
They are manufactured using bipolar or MOS technology. MOS circuits are particularly cheap to manufacture and have a lower power consumption.
Monolithic integrated circuits
The planar technology makes it possible to accommodate all components of a circuit in one manufacturing process on a silicon plate, the so-called chip. Since the components in an IC have no external connections, one speaks of switching or functional elements.
Degree of integration
The degree of integration describes the number of transistors in an integrated circuit. Instead of transistors, logic gates can also be meant. One then speaks of logical complexity. There is no fixed standard unit for the integration density.
The LSI and VLSI integration levels require computer-aided design methods (e.g. CAD).
- SSI (Small Scale Integration)
Up to 100 functional elements on a chip area of 3 mm2.
Applications: digital gates (logic elements)
- MSI (Medium Scale Integration)
Up to 1,000 functional elements on a chip area of 8 mm2.
Applications: analog-digital combined circuits
- LSI (Large Scale Integration)
Up to 100,000 functional elements on a chip area of 20 mm2.
Applications: analog-digital combined circuits, memories, microprocessors
- VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration)
Over 100,000 functional elements on a chip area of 30 mm2.
Applications: memories, microprocessors
- ULSI (Ultralarge Scale Integration)
1,000,000 to 10,000,000 functional elements
Other related topics:
The electronics company's original equipment
What every electronics technician needs: An electronics range with over 1,300 electronic components so that you have everything you need for every application.
- 30 different resistance values (600 pieces in total)
- 30 different ceramic capacitors (300 pieces in total)
- 12 different electrolytic capacitors (120 pieces in total)
- 8 different diodes (100 pieces in total)
- 17 different transistors (170 pieces in total)
- 5 different LEDs in size 3 mm and 5 mm in the colors 5 colors red, green, blue, yellow and white (200 pieces in total)
Order electronics assortment now
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
- What is the CBSE Moderation Policy
- Do BlackBerry devices ever experience service outages?
- Who are the great scientists of India
- How can I speak clearly
- A hornet sting is poisonous
- What are some tips for standardized tests
- Should I be afraid of Muslims
- What is an implicit and explicit analysis
- What is GTA 6
- Can I learn Kathak online
- Hillary Clinton is a white supremacist
- Who is the Best Dentist in Vizag
- College education is really worth it
- How does a diving bell work
- Can Boris Johnson be successful
- Who makes military uniforms
- How does BarkBox curate their monthly orders
- What is microcontact printing
- College tuition in England is free
- What are some consequences of hydrogen bonding
- How do you eat a ham sandwich
- Should I kill or release wolf spiders
- How expensive is laser eye surgery
- How does it feel to bully someone