Why can't Android applications run on iOS?
For updates for Android and iOS : What users of the Corona warning app now have to consider
Regardless of whether iOS or Android: so that the Corona Warning app can also warn of dangerous encounters in the background, and not only when the apps are actively opened, the latest version of the application must be installed.
The easiest way to ensure this is with automatic app updates - and you can therefore be sure to receive important future updates quickly.
The good news for iPhone owners: With the current iOS 13, applications downloaded from the App Store are automatically updated by default. There are no notifications to update the apps.
If you are unsure whether you have deactivated automatic updates, you can find out more on iOS devices under "Settings /" Own name "/ iTunes & App Store". There the slide control next to "App-Updates" should be highlighted in green. Otherwise it has to be pushed to the right to activate it.
[If you want to have all the latest developments on the coronavirus crisis live on your mobile phone, we recommend our completely redesigned app, which you can download here for Apple and Android devices.]
Force update the iOS app
You can still update apps manually. If you want to check an app version or force updates, you can first tap the “Today” button in the App Store and then tap your own profile icon at the top.
Then pending updates and release notes will appear below - for example the current version 1.1.2 (as of July 27th) for the Corona warning app for the iPhone.
To update manually, tap on "Update" next to the app or on "Update all".
Three options for Android users
Android users even have three options for updating apps: individual ones automatically, all automatically or manually. To automatically update a single Android app - such as the Corona warning app - you open the Play Store app, tap on the three-stitch menu icon and then on "My apps and games".
Then select the app you want, tap the three-dot menu icon and select “Automat. Update ".
In order to update all Android apps automatically, one also goes via the three-line menu, but then selects “Settings” and taps “Automatic app updates”. Update delays can occur here if users have set auto-updates only via WiFi, but no WiFi is available, or there is a login error on the Google account.
Important setting for Android
Therefore, manual checking and updating of important apps can also be useful here. The way leads via the three-line menu and via "My Apps and Games / Installed". In the list, you simply tap on the “Update” box behind the entry for the respective application.
The Corona-Warn-App for Android currently has the version number 1.1.1 (as of July 27th).
In contrast to iOS devices, Android users still have to make an important setting so that the warning app works reliably in the background. To do this, open the three-point menu in the app, select "Settings" and then "Prioritized background activity".
If the function is set to “On”, nothing else needs to be done. If it is on "Off", you simply move the slide control. Shortly afterwards, Android asks in a small pop-up window: "Should the app always be executed in the background?" You have to confirm this by tapping on "Allow". (dpa)
- How did the art of medicine begin
- How was Sunny Leone born
- What sexuality am I 1
- Indian real estate is in a bubble
- Why do private jets pollute terribly
- What are Unknown Facts About Bangalore 1
- Can a magnetic field obstruct the electric current
- Is similar to Thalappakatti Biryani Hyderabadi Biryani
- How does Mamta Banerjee do corruption
- What's your favorite piece of beef
- How can developers enjoy CSS
- How is the electrical engineering at IIT Patna
- Will PSG win the 2017 Champions League
- What are the advantages of raw PHP websites
- What can cause black spots in mucus
- What are some great Taoism teachings
- What is the full form of parents
- Which insurance companies will backdate the insurance?
- Can unmanned probes return to Earth
- Good source for online GMAT courses
- Is there a software for designing background images
- What is the full form of IGM
- What is Scalaz's Task good for?
- Have you ever eaten cookies and sauce