How did Baltimore get so separated
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
In Architektur & Technik 7-08 a "false Baltimore" was presented at this point: Auckland in New Zealand had to serve in 1998 for the Baltimore of 1959. In this movie, Baltimore is Baltimore. However, it is Baltimore from 1987 that the city mimes in 1963. As you can see, in this declaration of love from the director and screenwriter to his hometown, it worked out quite well. The pink glasses that he puts on the audience while telling this romantic comedy are very easy to forgive. For example, the brick row houses with their large street-side verandas are worth seeing. These open-air living rooms are only separated by parapets, together the whole neighborhood benefits from a spaciousness that the individual unit could never offer.
One of the main themes of this film, in which architecture plays a leading role, is that the existing should get better. The title Tin Men indicates the occupation of the two main protagonists: They are "sheet metal men", that is, they sell aluminum cladding in which an old building is packed so that it looks like new. Labels such as Minergie were still a long way off in 1963, but the goal of optimizing the home was as relevant then as it is today - albeit under different circumstances. The Tin Men did not always go to work with fair business methods, promised the blue of the sky and played such ingenious roguish pieces to the unsuspecting audience in a perfected act of peasant trapping that one almost has to speak of art. As I said, it was in Baltimore in 1963, that's nostalgia. Today, in Switzerland, we are of course always thoroughly honest. Not true?
Tin Men (1987)
Directed and written by Barry Levinson
Actors: Richard Dreyfuss, Danny DeVito, Barbara Hershey and others
This film is copyrighted by Touchstone Pictures
Published in Architektur & Technik 9-09.
Back to overview.
- How is the comparison made in Danish
- Why is there mold in a bathroom
- Have you ever made your parents smile?
- Who makes the best chef's knives
- How many ATPs does a glucose contain
- What causes a cat to breathe loudly
- What is abstraction in JS
- What is the future of barcode scanning
- What are some application system names
- What WW2 technology is still in use today
- Works League of Legends on Mac
- How does science conquer disease
- How do I drink black coffee
- Is it a good thing to have protected classes?
- How strong is Ajax
- Writes Ramez Naam hard scifi
- What are some useful algebraic manipulation techniques
- Why is Spectrum being auctioned
- What advertising impresses you
- Will Jennifer Lawrence date me
- What is a laser toner
- What was the worst humiliation in history
- How does the male voice get deeper
- What is the difference between Trump and Clinton supporters