What are some non-flammable materials
What are non-flammable substances? Education and examples
Non-flammable materials are materials that are not flammable. In terms of fire protection in particular, it is important to know whether a substance is flammable or not. A distinction is made between flammable and non-flammable substances in liquid as well as in gaseous and solid materials. If a fire source is added to a non-combustible material, this material neither burns together with the fire source nor after it has already been removed.
Solid, non-flammable substances
An example of solid, non-flammable substances are sand or stones. For this reason, both can be used to put out a fire. If a fire is covered with stones, they do not burn, but take the oxygen from the fire, which is needed for combustion. The fire goes out.
Liquid, non-flammable substances
Liquids that are not flammable are, for example, water or urine. A number of liquids such as gasoline or vinegar are flammable and are therefore not suitable for extinguishing a fire, but instead increase its spread.
Gaseous, non-flammable substances
Oxygen itself is not considered a flammable, gaseous substance. However, it is required to make the burning process possible. Typical non-flammable substances are nitrogen and helium.
The flammable substance scale
On the scale of flammable and non-flammable substances, flammable substances are further differentiated into easily flammable, normally flammable and hardly flammable. This classification depends on the behavior of the substances during the firing process.
- Easily flammable substances are for example petrol, paper and hair, that is, they ignite quickly and burn quickly.
- Normally flammable is Wood, but also cardboardwhich makes them the ideal material for heating.
- Hardly flammable substances are for example Cotton wool and Sheep wool.
- What is a dense urban area
- Is Krishna really a god?
- What is a Lomography Camera
- Why do people get flashbacks
- Which book has the topic of dance resonance
- A hornet sting is poisonous
- What is the importance of product photography
- What is M3M Corner Walk Gurgaon
- How do I impress Bengali parents
- Crime shows reflect real life
- What is the neutral point in the power grid
- Are the Germans particularly racist?
- How to take away fever
- How long does an allergic reaction to food last?
- How do people become better speakers
- How useful is corruption in our life
- How are mobile applications developed
- What is hardware engineering
- Can I sign in to Google with someone else?
- Can you really make money in Brazil?
- Which Android game is best besides CoC
- Better a saber than a katana
- When did you realize you were underprivileged?
- What are some materials like Vantablack