How do I sell domains on Flipp

some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

There is now also a place for discussions about wood.

Moderator:Falcon

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of Holzmacher0815 »Tue Nov 01, 2011 17:44

Selling wood at a cheap price just to get market share is bullshit !!
Because most of those who buy it cheap now want it cheap next year too !!
and if dealer A doesn't deliver it at the price, go to dealer B.

In addition, the following short calculation:

Dealer XX:
1000 Rm a 60 Euro = 60,000 Euro turnover, of which per RM: 50 Euro expenses and 10 Euro profit (the value is only used as an example !!) that makes a profit of 10,000 Euro !!

Dealer YY:
500 RM at 70 euros = 35,000 euros turnover, of which per RM: 50 euros in expenses and 20 euros in profit (same expenses as in the above calculation!) Here is then 10,000 euros in profit !!

oops ... something must be wrong, although dealer XX sells MORE with his cheap price, he makes just as much profit
like dealer YY, who has a lot more "free time" (he only makes half of the wood)

greeting
Woodmaker

P.S. if 85 Euro / RM ready-to-use beech firewood is too expensive for you, you should buy it elsewhere.
Every day there is someone who makes it cheaper .....
Last changed by Holzmacher0815 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:21, changed a total of 1 times.
What is in the history books about Saarland in 2025:
"small quarreling area" in the west of Greater China
Holzmacher0815
 
Posts: 357
Registered: Sun Jul 12, 2009 14:46
Place of residence: Saarland

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of rubber prince »Tue Nov 01, 2011 17:59

obelix @ josef peter @
Both of your statements contain a part of the truth (of course I can only always talk about my company).
In a nutshell; We live partly from word of mouth, but of course it doesn't work without massive advertisements. We are almost the whole year, approx. 40 weeks, once a week with an eighth page in a high circulation
Regional newspaper represented. There are also a dozen additional measures such as labeling the delivery vehicles, 2 times a year 1500 letters each to existing firewood customers, e.g. the main prize of the local football tournament was 12 cubic meters of firewood, etc.
PR articles in other newspapers that accompany every new investment editorially are also part of it.
14 days ago I got it right and bought the domain http://www.brennholz.at, in about 3 weeks we will have programmed a link to our firewood page. But that was pure luck, because the domain seller contacted us and not the other way around.
So you see, there is an abundance of marketing measures. Only the package makes sense.
holz metall artinger @ Of course, before I made the very first decision to open the firewood shop, I worked out an exact Excel spreadsheet on which I had to keep improving numbers for weeks. Now it is so precise that I can get around 1 or 2 euros for sure. The real net profit before income tax will be 15% to 20%. lg rubber prince
rubber prince
 
Posts: 684
Registered: Sun Jul 24, 2011 19:52
Place of residence: Vienna

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of rubber prince »Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:15

holzmacher0815 @ See everything exactly as you do. This year I already thought hard about whether we should charge over € 100 for the first time. The question will no longer arise next year, as we had to accept around 8% per ton of price increases when purchasing round wood. The energy costs, e.g. electricity, have risen by 15%, both splitting machines together have 88 kw, so they suck around € 19.36 of electricity per hour !!!!!! from the line. Our retail price 2012 for 33 beech is guaranteed not to be less than € 104. 50s at 99.- 25s even at 110.-
lg rubber prince
rubber prince
 
Posts: 684
Registered: Sun Jul 24, 2011 19:52
Place of residence: Vienna

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of Domi boy »Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:51

Hello everyone,
would also like to get rid of my opinion on it.
I also have a firewood trade myself, I do about 1000 Srm a year,
now i'm selling my log splitter, because next year i'm going to buy a bigger one up to 55 cm d, Posch or Hakki Pilke, at Posch it's just quality but there are 80 thousand going on. At Hakki Pilke I have no experience I am interested in the Big X 50.

But the other side is also when buying round timber: there are only big beech things, that's a good 55 € / RM free house, with softwood there is only energy wood 5 - 15 cm d so you bring together an hourly output, 35 € / RM free house.

And another side, when I finish everything and do the garnix mer myself, I get the SRM beech, chamber-dried, delivered to my home for 55 € / srm, and pine spruce for 45 € / srm.

I sell firewood, beech 70 € / cubic meter without delivery, and softwood 55 € / cubic meter without delivery.

And now please give your opinion what is more efficient ?????


Thanks Mfg Domi
Domi boy
 
Posts: 305
Registered: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:05 pm
Place of residence: Weidhausen near Coburg

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of Franzis1 »Tue Nov 01, 2011 19:36

Of course, it is easier to transport the firewood, which is nicely placed on a pallet, and which comes to you free of charge to the customers
Lots of pigs - lots of notes, too many pigs, too few notes. The focus is no longer on humans but on bats, rooks, wolves and beavers. In D., ecos have more to say than Angie and the government.
Franzis1
 
Posts: 3845
Registered: Thu Apr 27, 2006 14:38
Place of residence: B.W.

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of rubber prince »Tue Nov 01, 2011 20:54

What if you lose the supplier of cheap wood from abroad? A new law is sufficient and it is over. The risk of losing log suppliers seems to me to be much lower.
And I would have a moral problem with myself.
Now I can say I liked it, produced it, dried it and delivered it. And I know that money stays in my own country. I get a higher price from the customer for this. That's the deal between me and the client.
I knew farmers who bought the potatoes from the agricultural cooperative (in Austria they are called warehouse) in 10 kg sacks and sold them on the main road for expensive money as small farmers potatoes.
X retell the story with pigs, honey, etc. at will.
None of them sells anymore, because most of them are still so idiot and tell at the regulars' table over 10 beers how you are kidding people and cashing in. At some point, however, everyone will know.
Of course, I have nothing against trading in general, but if I can choose whether I buy the wood cheaply and sell it on with a 10% surcharge without a lot of work or do it myself with a lot of work, sweat of financial failure and a lot of work sweat, then I decide me for the latter.
Why; Because I want to prove to myself that I can do it and because otherwise it's no fun.
Have a look around the super EU; Why are we bathing the big shit now? Because everyone was Deppert, collecting 13% interest without laboring. So buy the Posch Spalter and get to work. lg rubber prince
rubber prince
 
Posts: 684
Registered: Sun Jul 24, 2011 19:52
Place of residence: Vienna

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of sisu »Tue Nov 01, 2011 21:02

Hello!
Tell rubber prince from which corner of the outskirts of Vienna do you come from?
With best regards from Lower Austria
sisu

Valtra 8150
Valtra 6550
Steyr 540
Steyr Multi
a couple of dolmar saws
sisu
 
Posts: 1460
Registered: Sun Mar 23, 2008 17:00

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of josefpeter »Tue Nov 01, 2011 22:04

obelix, if you change your reference point 3x the thing is pointless and I feel confused because I can't interpret your first contribution, I ask if you mean the beginning phase, then the answer comes:

Obelix wrote:Too much importance is attached to referral marketing. Simply because everyone already values ​​it and takes it into account.


then I will answer you in detail, then turn around again:

Obelix wrote:Again: Referral marketing takes too long for a start-up to have an effect. Until the word got around, not every regular's table is a wood heater, many will not order again for 1 year and will they still remember Flipp's tip? I remain of the opinion that too much importance is attached to the "recommendation", even if the firewood dealer actively encourages his customers to recommend him.


contradiction, done, thanks for wasting time.
josefpeter
 
Posts: 975
Registered: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:48 pm
Place of residence: Austria

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of Cormorant 2 »Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:14 pm

As a retailer, I would try to give recommendation marketing a go.
By this I mean that the process of creating a recommendation, already described above, can be accelerated by making the matter a little more transparent for the customer. Often a customer only knows after multiple purchases that he has found a really fair, conscientious supplier. And only when he has bought several times from a scoundrel has he recognized his methods.

I would draw attention to all the positive features of my company on my company premises. So don't choose the way to make your competitors bad, but rather the way to emphasize your own positive characteristics.
e.g. as follows:

Only sale of wood from (German) sustainable cultivation
Clear presentation of the various units of measurement (rm, srm) and justification for the unit used in sales.
Reference to the different quality categories of firewood and the self-imposed standards.
Reference to the services related to the sale (delivery)
Reference to many years of serious work in this trade and the payment of social security contributions and taxes.
Calling customers not to participate in illegal trade and overexploitation of nature.

These things, presented in a striking way near the office, would accelerate the customer's understanding that it is really unfair to buy from a producer who pays no tax on the sale and regulates his social security through another employer, and also dodgy methods and has no established business.

The alleged advantages of your own should, however, also correspond to the facts.
German language - Swiss language!
Cormorant 2
 
Posts: 15466
Registered: Tue Dec 04, 2007 22:32
Place of residence: NRW / HSK

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of Chandler firewood »Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:02 am

As stupid as it sounds, you can learn a lot of marketing stuff from related companies such as Mc Donalds / Burger King or others. What Kormoran said is very important. Draw attention to all the advantages of the company. As soon as my firewood sales are of a healthy size, I plan a family day, an open day, so to speak, with childcare, etc. At such events, you can bind a lot of customers and show them how regionally and honestly the company is structured.

During my internship at HORSCH in the marketing department. The effort this company puts into marketing is remarkable. I learned a lot there too.

Greetings Moritz
Chandler firewood
 
Posts: 184
Registered: Thu Aug 25, 2011 20:38
Place of residence: Winklarn, district of Schwandorf

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of Obelix »Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:25

josefpeter wrote: ... contradiction, done, thanks for wasting time.

Man "Josefpeter", we don't have to be of the same opinion.

Based on your experience and your knowledge, you find that "recommendation marketing" is the screamer.

Based on my practical experience, I find that "referral marketing" has too long a lead time for a start-up and only delivers very tenacious results and is therefore not very suitable as a short-term sales and customer generator.

We can leave it that way. The reader can make up his own mind. I don't have to take your opinion and you don't have to take mine either.

greetings
Obelix
 
Posts: 3970
Registered: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:18 am

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of Obelix »Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:48

gummiprinz wrote: ... We live partly from word of mouth, but of course it doesn't work without massive advertisements. We are almost the whole year, approx. 40 weeks, once a week with an eighth page in a high circulation
Regional newspaper represented. There are also a dozen additional measures such as labeling the delivery vehicles, 2 times a year 1500 letters each to existing firewood customers, e.g. the main prize of the local football tournament was 12 cubic meters of firewood, etc.
PR articles in other newspapers that accompany every new investment editorially are also part of it.
14 days ago I got it right and bought the domain http://www.brennholz.at, in about 3 weeks we will have programmed a link to our firewood page. But that was pure luck, because the domain seller contacted us and not the other way around.
So you see, there is an abundance of marketing measures. Only the package makes sense. ...

All due respect for your efforts to get sales started.

To be honest, I am astonished that there is play in the product "firewood" for such high "marketing costs".
a.) 40 weeks 1/8 page a estimated 250 € = 10,000 € every year> I think this is too often.
b.) Labeling of the delivery vehicle? one-time approx. 500 €> is o.k.
c.) 2 x 1,500 letters = 3,000 € every year> In my opinion, mailings generate too few responses.
d.) 12 rm. as the main prize of a soccer tournament approx. € 1,000> not my thing.
e.) PR articles in newspapers:> It's okay if you can write something yourself and the newspaper simply prints it for free.
f.) http://www.brennholz.at> I have no opinion.

gummiprinz wrote: ... Our retail price 2012 for 33 beech is guaranteed not to be less than € 104. ...


Domi boy wrote: ... I sell firewood, beech 70 € / cubic meter without delivery ...


That’s the whole point. "Gummiprinz" redeems € 34 more per srm. as "Domi boy". At 2,000 cubic meters. that would be 68.000 € more profit per year. And I think I read that the more than 2,000 srm. makes.

In an earlier discussion we have already found that the prices of firewood in Austria, Northern Italy and Switzerland are much more profitable than in Germany. Hence my initial basic thesis: What does the regional market look like. If 100 € / srm. are enforceable, then one can start with the production of firewood. As long as the price, like here in my area at 50 - 60 € / srm. you can forget that with the sale of firewood.

greetings
Obelix
 
Posts: 3970
Registered: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:18 am

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of josefpeter »Wed Nov 02, 2011 17:14

Obelix wrote:
josefpeter wrote: ... contradiction, done, thanks for wasting time.

Man "Josefpeter", we don't have to be of the same opinion.

Based on your experience and your knowledge, you find that "recommendation marketing" is the screamer.

Based on my practical experience, I find that "referral marketing" has too long a lead time for a start-up and only delivers very tenacious results and is therefore not very suitable as a short-term sales and customer generator.

We can leave it that way. The reader can make up his own mind. I don't have to take your opinion and you don't have to take mine either.

greetings


Unfortunately, that's not true, because you only quote 3-4 words.
We definitely don't have to agree, but if you ignore key questions or talk about the initial stage and talk about it in general (although I ask what you mean) then that is a waste of time for me!
purely out of personal interest - you were once a "grüßer" in the firewood business and have abandoned it for various reasons?
josefpeter
 
Posts: 975
Registered: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:48 pm
Place of residence: Austria

Re: some questions about the firewood trade and self-employment

of DoNe1 »Wed Nov 02, 2011 18:11

Krämer Brennholz wrote:As stupid as it sounds, you can learn a lot of marketing stuff from related companies such as Mc Donalds / Burger King or others. What Kormoran said is very important. Draw attention to all the advantages of the company. As soon as my firewood sales are of a healthy size, I plan a family day, an open day, so to speak, with childcare, etc. At such events, you can bind a lot of customers and show them how regionally and honestly the company is structured.

During my internship at HORSCH in the marketing department. The effort this company puts into marketing is remarkable. I learned a lot there too.

Greetings Moritz



Horsch is very particular about marketing. Take a look at the brochures. Which paper do they use and which do almost every other manufacturer use? You really have to weigh what is not too much of a good thing!
DoNe1
 
Posts: 74
Registered: Fri Feb 04, 2011 18:54


Back to forestry

Who's Online?

Members: 580lexion, Bing [bot], Google [bot], Google Adsense [bot], Ted56