Who is Satoshi Nakamoto's successor
Bitcoin inventor: Craig Wright says he is Satoshi Nakamoto
The identity of the Bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto has long been speculated. Now an Australian entrepreneur by the name of Craig Wright, speaking to the BBC, the Economist and GQ, claims to have invented the cryptocurrency. The media had repeatedly speculated about the inventor's identity - which in some cases led to chases of completely uninvolved people.
- HA Hessen Agentur GmbH, Wiesbaden
- L-Bank, Karlsruhe
Wright's claim, writes the BBC, is supported by core developers on the Bitcoin team, such as Gavin Andresen writes. It is not said whether they knew about the identity beforehand. As proof that he actually invented Bitcoin, he is said to have signed several messages with a cryptographic key that comes from the early days of Bitcoin development while talking to the BBC.
These keys are linked to various blockchain blocks created by Satoshi Nakamoto. "These are the blocks that were used to send the first 10 bitcoins to Hal Finney in January 2009"he told the BBC. Finney is an engineer believed to have helped Wright create the Bitcoin protocol.
Wright wants to enable independent verification
Wright plans to publish information shortly that will enable others to connect his identity as Satoshi Nakamoto with himself. Wright was brought into play by Wired and Gizmodo in December 2015 as a possible Bitcoin inventor. Following the release, Australian authorities raided his home to investigate possible tax irregularities. "Currently my lawyers are discussing with the authorities to find out how much I should pay"he told the BBC. Various media had already speculated about the identity beforehand.
- Microsoft 365 Security Workshop
9-11 June 2021, online
- Penetration Testing Fundamentals
23-24 September 2021, online
With the publication, Wright wants to end media speculation about the identity of the Bitcoin founder. "I want to work, I want to keep doing what I do. I don't want money. I don't want celebrity. I don't want admiration. I just want to be left alone", he said.
The Bitcoin project is currently being fiercely disputed about its future direction. Because the number of transactions has increased rapidly, the individual blocks are too small to process all transactions in a short time. The "Block time" is currently around 10 minutes, too long for critical transactions. Therefore the block size should be increased. But about the when and how a heated argument broke out, one of the Bitcoin core developers explained that the Bitcoin experiment was part of the internal quarrels"failed" be. Whether the exposure of Wright can help resolve the dispute remains to be seen.
Addendum from May 2, 2016, 1:05 p.m.
Wright has now published a blog post with instructions on how to verify his keys. The first doubts are expressed on Reddit. The signature published by Wright does not sign the sentence he claims, but is merely contained in a randomly chosen early Bitcoin transaction by Satoshi.
The events of the morning are apparently making waves in the Bitcoin project. Allegedly, the commit access for the core developer Gavin Andresen has been deactivated. It is speculated that Andresen was hacked. But there is no proof of this either.
- How good is NYC
- Is Salvini doing well in Italy?
- Jesus was attracted to women
- When did you accept the Holy Spirit?
- Good health care
- What are pedal sliders
- How can one generate mechanical electricity?
- What are the areas of marine biology
- Is similar to Thalappakatti Biryani Hyderabadi Biryani
- What is 2 5 out of 2 5
- Does MIT have a robot team
- Would you visit Antarctica
- How can I gain poise
- Is this laptop good for multitasking?
- Has Latha Mangeshkar given any classical concerts
- What is 2 65 2 1
- Why are bonsai trees so rare
- Why is particle decay probabilistic
- Why was the Concorde jet discontinued?
- How to remove ads from MIUI
- Ram and Shiva are the same
- Which Android game is best besides CoC
- How much does Google AdSence pay
- Soft water is better for your skin
- Do real doctors work in urgent cases
- How can I analyze stocks
- What is sociorealism in aesthetics
- Why is the IRS rejecting the tax returns
- A perceptron can be used for regression
- Which Ultra Boost color scheme is better
- King Tut and Cleopatra were married
- Where can I learn compact substation designs
- Is Audi the best car
- How do secret millionaires stay secret?