What makes ice cream high quality
This is how consumers recognize good ice cream
Every German eats almost eight liters of ice cream a year. Most of it comes from the supermarket. But how good is the industrially produced ice cream and why are the price differences between the individual brands so great?
Don't just pay attention to the package size
If you compare the different types of ice cream available in the supermarket, it quickly becomes clear: Converted to the liter, the price range is enormous: While the ice cream from the discounter is already available for around one euro per liter, the ice cream from a premium brand is up to 12 euros per liter. However, if you compare the weight, the price difference is no longer that great. Because the ice cream in the cheaper packs has a much larger volume because many manufacturers add air to the ice cream. It is therefore advisable to pay attention not only to the liter, but also to the weight on the packaging.
Emulsifiers and stabilizers are often used to give the ice cream its airy consistency. They have another effect: the ice melts more slowly. This makes it easier to portion and is not as hard-frozen when it comes out of the freezer - a quality that many consumers appreciate.
Ice cream or ice cream?
There is another reason why it is worth taking a look at the packaging. Some manufacturers have switched to replacing the classic ice cream ingredients, whole milk and cream, with skimmed milk and coconut oil or other vegetable fats. This saves you money because milk fat is significantly more expensive. The packaging shows whether a product was made with vegetable instead of milk fats: If it only says "ice cream", the product may contain vegetable fat, mostly coconut fat, in addition to milk and cream. In contrast, "ice cream", "milk ice cream" and "ice cream" contain only milk fat in addition to cream and milk. So "ice cream" is a product with higher quality ingredients than "ice cream".
"Vanilla-flavored ice cream" or vanilla ice cream?
It is particularly advisable to take a closer look when buying vanilla ice cream. Because only ice cream with vanilla extract or natural vanilla flavor can be called vanilla ice cream. "Vanilla-flavored ice cream", on the other hand, contains artificially produced vanillin. The typical small black dots are also not an indication of quality. They usually do not come from the vanilla pulp, but from ground inferior vanilla pods.
Ice creams are getting more and more unusual
Strawberry, chocolate and vanilla were yesterday. The latest trends include individually composed coldstone ice cream and types made with craft beer. more
This topic in the program:
Market | 05/17/2021 | 8:15 pm
- Is there a sport without a referee
- How can military planes shoot down satellites?
- The Gausss law depends on the Coulomb law
- Why is mobile so difficult for Facebook
- Why cannot energy be created or destroyed
- How does the male voice get deeper
- What are some positive effects of panic
- What are the symptoms of atopic eczema
- How can I get my dream body
- What are the uses of a semiconductor
- What is a Turbo Boost CPU
- What is the output of a thermistor
- What secondary business can a doctor have?
- How do I deal with an unhealthy friendship
- Which companies will Slack buy
- Synchronizes the BTS lip
- Can methanol consumption make a person drunk
- Why are octopuses called escape artists
- What's wrong with my shoulder
- Why don't big spiders make a web
- What are minimizer bras
- What do people use TFT screens for?
- What is god worship
- What does anterior high placenta mean
- What is full of www com
- How did Tiberius die
- Photosynthesis only takes place in green plants
- How should I study Lehninger's biochemistry?
- Where do I buy Instagram followers
- What is the Hobbit really about
- Why do hurricanes move slower and slower
- What is the police stakeout
- What does it really mean to pray
- Can I get sued over 50?