What are good keywords in networking
Professional networking can make it easier for students and graduates to get started and is now part of everyday working life. If you follow these rules when networking, your online profile or contact from the alumni meeting will open up new career opportunities for you.
You come across the catchphrase networking everywhere, and you probably already do. Because social networking is nothing more than getting in touch with other people. And everyone who wants to make their skills known has to do that. If you really want to use professional networks - such as squeaker.net or Xing - successfully, you should observe a few rules.
"Professional" networking also means qualified networking
It all starts with sharpening your own network profile. Who are you or where do you want to go professionally? One method to sharpen your profile is the elevator pitch: once you have formulated an elevator pitch, you know your profile exactly - and you also know who to address and how. Do not attack everyone without asking, but keep your brief statement about what you can, are looking for or offer ready for curious inquirers. Surely you will often hear in network situations: “So what are you doing?” Hopefully you will then be one of the few who can come up with a crisp, precise answer. And the best thing to do at this point is to hand over your simply designed business card.
Networking Tips: Create Elevator Pitch
- With a good elevator pitch you only need about 30 seconds to convince your counterpart of you according to the AIDA formula (Attention-Interest-Desire-Action).
- Be precise. What talent do you have, what area do you have expert knowledge in, what problem can you solve? Who benefits from it?
- Be self-confident. How are you different from others? What is special about you / your solution?
- Make it short but clear. How do you touch your audience emotionally, how can you awaken images in their minds?
- Test your pitch with friends and family. Do you feel spoken to and have you understood everything?
- Practice it until it sounds relaxed and natural and by no means rehearsed.
Networking goals: internship, permanent position, freelance work, project assignment?
Think about what your specific networking goals are. It is important to pursue this strategically - and to develop your profile towards precisely these goals. You have probably already sat down and recorded your professional planning. What is the first step on your way to your dream job or internship? And how can you more easily gain a foothold on this route through old and new contacts? Do you primarily want to exchange ideas about your current situation in the network and benefit from the experiences of like-minded people? Or are you looking specifically, e.g. B. an internship? Is your next step a raise? Networks can help you with all of these goals if you choose them carefully.
No matter what your goals are, they should definitely be SMART:
S = specific, concrete
M = measurable, verifiable
A = action-oriented, oriented towards actions
R = realistic, feasible
T = "timebound", to be implemented within a specific period
- What helps to clean up oil spills
- How do people learn to work together
- What if Vietnam had never been colonized?
- What could lead to Bitcoin becoming worthless?
- Why was India divided in 1947
- Is GH4 good for photography
- What protocol does clinical research consist of
- My friend is possessive of me
- Can we say that encryption is cryptography
- What is Einstein's most important discovery
- What amount consists of one unit KWh
- What is photography 5
- How do you separate words in the URL
- What are the best interior degree colleges
- Have to change the tires once
- What engineering students do after each semester
- What is the definition of a micronation
- Why does math hate me
- Do programmers offer guarantees to their customers?
- What should parameters have for personality development
- What is the plural of monkey
- Babies can choke on breast milk
- What are the recent advances in diabetes
- The Nike Lebron Soldier 9 is available