Is the General Assembly accredited
FOR THE ACCREDITED JOURNALISTS
The Holy Father Benedict XVI., The XII. Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, which will take place in the Vatican from Sunday 5th to Sunday 26th October 2008, on the following topic:
Verbum Domini in vita et missione Ecclesiæ
La Parola di Dio nella vita e nella missione della Chiesa
The Word of God in the Life and the Mission of the Church
La Parole de Dieu dans la vie et la mission de l’Église
La Palabra de Dios en la vida y en la misión de la Iglesia
The word of God in the life and mission of the Church
2. Accreditation of correspondents
2.1. In the Secretariat of the Press Office of the Holy See, requests for temporary accreditation of Correspondents not permanently accredited to the Press Office of the Holy See accepted who have the mandate to take place from October 5th to 26th, 2008 in the Vatican. Follow the Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops.
2.2. For the temporary accreditation the following must be presented:
- The special form available for this purpose in the Press Office of the Holy See.
- The certificate of the commissioning press organ with the request for a temporary accreditation with the press office of the Holy See on the occasion of the XII. Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops (05-26.10.2008); the title of journalist and the task of following up information on the Holy See must also be indicated; In addition, it must recognize the obligation to adhere to the ethical standards of the journalistic profession (e.g. compliance with blocking periods).
- A photocopy of a valid passport or other valid ID.
- A photocopy of the press card (for those from countries where one exists).
- A current, signed color image on the back (in the case of e-mail: file in JPG format) for those who have not been accredited to the Press Office of the Holy See in the past two years.
2.3. The documents listed must be sent to the following address:
Press Office of the Holy See
via della Conciliazione 54
SCV-00120 VATICAN CITY
Telephone: + 39-06-698.92.1
Fax: + 39-06-6868810
E-mail: [email protected]
[this e-mail address is only used for sending messages, photos in electronic form, etc. for accreditation formalities]
2.4. All of those Correspondents who do not live in Rome, are asked to send their application through the bishops' conference of the country in which they reside.
2.5. The Secretariat of the Press Office of the Holy See is open Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
2.6. Incomplete applications or applications that do not comply with the provisions will not be considered.
2.7. The temporary accreditation badge is from Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 available from the Press Office of the Holy See.
2.8. All accredited correspondents, cameramen and photographers are asked to always present their accreditation badge in the press office of the Holy See visible to wear. Journalists who are permanently accredited to the Press Office of the Holy See are also asked to always present their accreditation badge visible to wear.
3. Accreditation for photo reporters and cameramen
Photo reporters and cameramen are asked to contact:
Pontifical Council for Social Communications
via della Conciliazione, 5
SCV-00120 VATICAN CITY
Telephone: + 39-06-698.91830
Fax: + 39-06-698.91841
E-mail: [email protected]
4. Opening hours of the Press Office of the Holy See
4.1. The Press Office of the Holy See will be held during the XII. The Ordinary Assembly of the Synod of Bishops will be open from October 3rd to October 26th, 2008 according to the following schedule:
- Friday, October 3rd: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Saturday 4th October: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sunday 5th October: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Monday, October 6th: 9 am-8pm
- From Tuesday October 7th to Saturday October 11th: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday October 12th: 9.30am-1pm
- Monday October 13th and Tuesday October 14th: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday October 15th: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Thursday October 16 and Friday October 17: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, October 18th: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Monday, October 19: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- From Monday October 20th to Saturday October 25th: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday October 26th: 9 am-1pm
4.2. The staff of the information and accreditation body will be available (in the entrance hall on the right):
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
4.3. Any changes will be announced as soon as possible on the notice in the Journalists' Room of the Press Office of the Holy See, in the announcements of the Information Committee of the XI. Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops and announced in the Service Information section of the Holy See website (http://www.vatican.va).
5. “Briefing” for the language groups
5.1. In order to have more detailed information about the work of the Synod, 5 language groups are provided for the accredited journalists.
5.2. The names of the assistants in each language group and their meeting place are given below:
Italian language group
Assistant: Monsignor Giorgio COSTANTINO
Location: Journalists' Room, Holy See Press Office
English language group
Assistant: P. Thomas ROSICA, C.S.B.
Location: John Paul II Conference Room, Holy See Press Office
French language group
Assistant: Monsignor Joseph Bato’ora BALLONG WEN MEWUDA
Location: Marconisaal, Vatican Radio, Palazzo Pio, Piazza Pia 3
Spanish language group
Assistant: Mr. Jésus COLINA
Location: Communication Room, Holy See Press Office
German language group
Assistant: P. Markus GRAULICH, S.D.B.
Location: German Pilgrim Center, Via della Conciliazione 51
5.3. A briefing is scheduled for around 1:10 p.m. for each language group on the following days:
- Tuesday, October 7th, 2008 (for the II and III General Assemblies);
- Wednesday, October 8th, 2008 (around 2 p.m., for the IV General Assembly and for the First Session of the Circuli Minores; at the end of the press conference for the presentation of the message on the occasion of the 95th World Day of Migrants and Refugees, at 12.30 p.m.) and Briefing of the Bible Society, at 1.30 p.m., broadcast in the John Paul II Conference Room of the Press Office of the Holy See);
- Thursday, October 9, 2008 (for the V and VI General Assemblies);
- Friday, October 10th, 2008 (for the VII and VIII General Assemblies);
- Saturday, October 11th, 2008 (for the IX and X General Assemblies);
- Monday, October 13, 2008 (for the XI General Assembly);
- Tuesday, October 14, 2008 (for the XII General Assembly);
- Wednesday, October 15, 2008 (around 1.30 p.m., for the XIII General Assembly; at the end of the press conference for the presentation of the film "The Testimony" based on the book "A Life with Karol" by Card. Stanislaw Dziwisz and Gian Franco Svidercoschi, at 12.30 p.m., broadcast in the conference room John Paul II of the Press Office of the Holy See); - Friday, October 17th, 2008 (for the XIV, XV and XVII General Assemblies and for the II and III sessions of the Circuli Minores);
- Saturday, October 18, 2008 (for the IVth session of the Circuli Minores and for the XVIIIth General Assembly);
- Friday, October 24th, 2008 (for the XIX and XX General Assemblies and for the V, VI, VII and VIII sessions of the Circuli Minores).
5.4. On the following days, around 1:10 p.m., the assistants will be accompanied by a synod father of the same language for the "briefing" for each language group:
- Tuesday, October 21, 2008 (after the presentation of the Elenchus unicus propositionum)
5.5. Any changes will be announced as soon as possible.
6. Press conferences
6.1. In the conference room John Paul II of the Press Office of the Holy See 3 press conferences (with Italian, English, French, Spanish and German interpretation) will be held for the accredited correspondents (for the accredited photo reporters and cameramen have "pool", with limited access validity) , held around 12:45 p.m. on the following days:
- Monday, October 6th, 2008 (after the Relatio ante disceptationem)
- Thursday, October 16, 2008 (the day after the Relatio post disceptationem);
- Saturday, October 25, 2008 (the day after the presentation of the Elenchus finalis propositionum).
6.2. The names of the participants and any changes to the above dates and times will be announced as soon as possible via the announcements of the XII. Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops and the announcements of the Press Office of the Holy See.
6.3. On Friday, October 3, 2008 at 11.30 a.m. in the John Paul II Conference Room of the Press Office of the Holy See, the Secretary General of the Synod of Bishops, H.Ex. Mons. Nikola Eterović will hold a “briefing” to provide information about the meaning and course of the XII. To deliver to the Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops.
7.1. On the following days, "pools" are provided for accredited journalists to enter the assembly hall of the Synod of Bishops, usually for the opening prayer of the plenary meetings in the morning:
- Tuesday, October 7, 2008
- Thursday October 9, 2008
- Friday October 10, 2008
- Saturday October 11, 2008
- Monday October 13, 2008
- Tuesday October 14, 2008
- Friday October 17, 2008
- Saturday, October 18, 2008
- Tuesday October 21, 2008
- Friday October 24, 2008
- Saturday, October 25, 2008
7.2. In the information and accreditation office of the Press Office of the Holy See (in the entrance hall on the right), for the Correspondents Lists for entry in the “pools” are available.
7.3. The Cameramen and Photographers you are asked to contact the Pontifical Council for Social Communications to participate in the “pools” (see point 3).
7.4. The participants in the "pools" are asked to arrive at 8.30 am in the press area set up outside the entrance to Aula Paolo VI, from where they can be contacted by a representative of the Press Office of the Holy See (for correspondents) and the Pontifical Council for the means of social communication (for the photographers and cameramen). It is necessary to dress appropriately for the circumstance.
8. Announcements Synodus Episcoporum
8.1. The informative announcements of the information committee of the XII. Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, entitled Synodus Episcoporum, are published in 6 language versions (multilingual, Italian, English, French, Spanish and German) by the Press Office of the Holy See with 2 numbers daily (at noon and in the evening) or as required.
8.2. The morning edition will appear in the morning at the close of the General Assembly, while the afternoon edition will appear on the following morning.
8.3. The distribution will take place in the Journalists' Room of the Press Office of the Holy See.
8.4. The multilingual edition will contain summaries of their speeches prepared by the Synod Fathers themselves, in the language in which they were delivered in the auditorium. The other 5 editions bring the Italian, English, French, Spanish and German translation.
8.5. The first two issues of the bulletin will be published on Friday, October 3, 2008. The first number of the pronouncements contains a complete and updated list of all Synod Fathers and the other participants. The second edition will contain the program of works and general synodal information.
8.6. The third edition of the Bulletin will contain the Holy Father's Homily during the Solemn Inaugural Mass on Sunday morning October 5, 2008 (it will be available to accredited journalists when the Holy See Press Office opens with an embargo).
8.7. The fourth edition of the bulletin will contain the speeches that will be given during the first assembly on Monday morning, October 6, 2008 (the assembly will also be broadcast live on screen at the Holy See Press Office).
8.8. The language editions of the bulletin are also available on the Holy See website:
8.9. The announcements serve only as tools for journalistic use and are only available to accredited journalists. The translations from the original language are not of an official nature.
9.1. E-mail service (journalists' room)
In the journalists' room, there are some PCs with free internet connection available for sending e-mails and viewing your personal mailbox.
The Press Office of the Holy See (as well as the Loggia Carlo Magno and St. Peter's Square) are hot spots, i.e. access points to the wireless network for wireless Internet transmissions. Those who have a portable PC that is set up for wireless surfing via WI-FI and who have a user ID and a password for log-in provided by their own provider can use Telecom Italia Use the service provided.
10. Telephone messaging
A telephone message will be set up during the Synod of Bishops:
+ 39-06-698.19: contains the normal announcements of the Press Office of the Holy See;
+ 39-06-698.84051: contains the pronouncements of the Synod of Bishops, morning edition;
+ 39-06-698.84877: contains the pronouncements of the Synod of Bishops, evening edition;
11. Photo service
The photo service will be taken over during the Synod of Bishops by:
via del Pellegrino
SCV-00120 Vatican City
Telephone: + 39-06-698.84797
Fax: + 39-06-698.84998
E-mail: [email protected]
12. Video service
During the Synod of Bishops, the video service will be carried out by:
Centro Televisivo Vaticano
via del Pellegrino
SCV-00120 CITTÀ DEL VATICANO
Telephone: + 39-06-698.85233 / 85467
Fax: + 39-06-698.85192
E-mail: [email protected]
13. Copertura TV in diretta
13.1. Live broadcasts are planned for the following days in the Telecommunications Room, the Journalists' Room and the John Paul II Conference Room of the Press Office of the Holy See:
- Sunday, October 5th, 2008 (9:30 am): opening ceremony with Eucharistic concelebration (Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls).
- Monday, October 6th, 2008 (9 am): the first part of the First General Assembly.
- Thursday, October 9th, 2008 (11.00 a.m.): Holy Mass on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the death of the minister of God Pope Pius XII (St.
- Sunday, October 12, 2008 (10 a.m.): Solemn Holy Mass with canonizations (St. Peter's Square).
- Wednesday, October 15, 2008 (4.30 p.m.): that part of the XVI. General assembly in which the relation post disceptationem is held.
- Saturday, October 18, 2008 (5:00 p.m.): Liturgy of the Word.
- Sunday, October 19, 2008 (10:30 am): Eucharistic concelebration (Piazzale del Santuario della Beata Vergine del Rosario di Pompei).
- Sunday, October 26th, 2008 (9:30 am): Solemn concelebration of Holy Mass at the end of the Synod (St. Peter's Basilica).
13.2. Any changes will be announced as soon as possible.
14.1. The program of the works of the XII. Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops is announced in No. 2 of the announcements of the Information Committee of October 3, 2008.
14.2. Any changes will be announced as soon as possible.
15. Further information
15.1. The preparatory documents for the XII. Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops (Instrumentum laboris and Lineamenta) can be found on the website of the Holy See:
15.2. Further information regarding the arrangements for the accredited journalists will be provided as soon as possible via notices in the announcements of the Information Committee of the XII. Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops published.
- What are heteroreceptors
- In which regions is Xfinity WiFi available
- Bhubaneswar is more developed than Vizag
- Is it worth learning Cornish
- What makes new refrigerators more energy efficient
- Is college necessary for big tech companies
- What interferes with magnetic fields
- Which one is better for game console or PC
- Why should I join the Liberal Democrats?
- Would a knife prevent a shark attack
- How do you classify mixtures
- Which proves that nothing is impossible
- Which Quora users also have LiveJournal accounts
- What is a good raincoat in India
- What does the word Suehne mean?
- What are demolition tools
- Why does Billie Eilish make dark music
- Which bachelor's degree should
- All college professors are bad
- Does the psychological transference require an active feeling
- What should I learn Ukrainian or Russian
- Has technology affected where people live?
- What do you think twice about it
- Which district is unique in Maharashtra
- Jio 4g free sim
- How is the brain involved in immunology
- Which is better car or automobile
- What does Donald Trump think of Kurdistan
- Why should young adults move home
- Buying Realme 2 is a great option
- Corporate culture is unforgiving
- Has technology affected where people live?
- How do computers change our lives?
- What are common words in Turkish and English