Is that a joke? See attached picture
OGF: What is OpenGeofiction?
OpenGeofiction: a collaborative platform for creating fictional maps
OpenGeofiction (OGF) is based on the OpenStreetMap software platform. This means that any map editors or other programs that are compatible with OpenStreetMap can also be used to edit the fictional world in OGF. This imaginary world takes place in the present. So there are no orcs or elves, but instead power plants, highways and apartment blocks; but also beautiful old towns, beautiful national parks and lonely beaches.
- Create an account on opengeofiction.net/user/new. After you have verified your email address, you can start mapping straight away.
- Start mapping in one of the blue areas on our Overview map. These areas can be edited by all users. Take a look at different locations and try to design one yourself.
- Stick to the rules! They are listed below.
Next, you have the following options:
- You can a available land (on the Overview map light green) by adding the Procedure for applying for territories follow.
- You also have a choice in one Common territory (on the Overview map purple) by contacting the appropriate coordinator.
- You can also choose to do so both to do, and of course you can continue to work in blue areas. If you want to claim a territory for yourself, please remember that this decision is made by the administrators. Please wait for confirmation before making any changes to the area.
|Please be aware that violating these rules can lead to the temporary suspension of your account or permanent exclusion.|
Other terms and conditions
- By participating in OGF you agree to publish all your contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License (CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0). Of course, you can also name an even more revealing CC license.
- We cannot take any responsibility for the backup of the data. Snapshots of the map material are created at regular intervals and can be downloaded from http://opengeofiction.net/backup. Please do this regularly!
- OGF is an experiment and we don't know if it will last in the long term. We believe that it takes a willingness of all parties to work together and compromise wherever necessary to make this project successful. Please also note that we understand this website as a private homepage and not as a service to the general public. This means that in the end we (the administration team) have the last word in all matters. But we are counting on never having to use these powers.
If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to contact us by sending a message to the adminteam or an email to [email protected] - Have a look at our FAQ (frequently asked questions); here is a list of (hopefully) helpful hints to get you started.
- Where does the term asshat come from
- The Navy SEAL rate is understaffed
- Is Docker a Linux container
- Let's not use geothermal energy anymore
- What is Mongolia's foreign policy
- How do I keep my mail
- What happens to people after death
- A good scientific model shouldn't change
- Have you tried to vaccinate yourself?
- How to play eighth notes
- Follow Jeremy Lin on a healthy diet
- What things can a vampire transform into?
- Can someone die of a cucumber
- How to get lsd in delhi
- What if the war of the worlds happened
- What is prarabdha karma
- What are the symptoms of molluscum contagiosum
- Which element has the name Paraphen 5
- Who is Luke Skywalker's mother
- Can you get trainers at Planet Fitness
- What was your strangest childhood obsession
- How do positioning and differentiation differ?
- How do great executives create committed teams
- How does the French electoral system work
- How can I transfer my memory
- What kind of goodies do mice like
- A person may be allergic to smells
- How dangerous are tornadoes
- What makes Rihanna such a popular singer
- Why do people call me angry
- Why doesn't Hawkeye use guns
- Is there a vacuum between atoms
- Is it good to kill Eva?
- Beatles for Sale is a folk album