Is life 2 0 worth seeing

 

Old town

 

The historic old town of Telgtes is known far beyond the borders of the Münsterland. Marketplace, historic buildings, monuments, Gängskes and


Christoph Bernsmeyer House

 

To the north of the provost church there is a striking building directly on the Emswehr, the so-called "Big Mill" - today's Christoph-Bernsmeyer-House. A coat of arms stone on the gable tells of a fundamental one


Clarahaus, Herrenstrasse 7

 

The house is on a relatively small area, but is built on two floors in a way that is unusual for Telgte. In the 19th century, Father Christoph Bernsmeyer (1777-1858), founder of the Mauritz Franciscan Sisters, lived here.


De Pottkieker (The Pot Gazer)

 

The reddish plastered house with the delicatessen shop and restaurant "De Pottkieker" is particularly noticeable in its uniqueness. It is the only building in the old town to show clinker paint.


Dümmert Park with Judas' Kiss and fish ladder

 

At the edge of the old town, directly behind the "Telgter Dreiklang" (chapel, St. Clemens church and RELíGIO museum) lies the Dümmert Park, surrounded by two arms of the Ems.


Emilienhaus

 

The Emilienhaus was built in 1918 on behalf of the Münster merchant Josef Hötte sen. (1838-1919), which also sponsored numerous social and cultural institutions in Münster.


Restaurant "Im Wilden Mann"

 

"Yesterday will be what tomorrow was", so begins Günter Grass' story "The meeting in Telgte". The model for the Brückenhof, in which the literature group 47 met, is the traditional inn “Im wilden Mann”.

Old way of the cross

 

"The old way of the cross (length incl. Return approx. 1.9 km) is situated in an attractive landscape. Benches invite you to linger and to contemplate."

Bucker Way of the Cross

 

The path leads along the left bank of the Ems to the Kreuzweg. Heinrich Gerhard Bücker created it. Larger-than-life figures from the Passion of Jesus Christ stand on a circular path around one kilometer long in a park area.

Glatzer wayside shrine

 

Opposite the Christoph-Bernsmeyer-Haus there has been a wayside shrine with the portrait of the "Arnestus Madonna" from the deanery church in Glatz since August 1988. The sculptor Josef Krautwald from Rheine created this wayside shrine from Silesian marble and reminds of the victims of war and displacement.


House Koenigstrasse No. 35

 

In many areas of the city of Telgte there are narrow and low single-storey gabled houses. This makes it clear that the majority of the inhabitants lived as craftsmen in very modest circumstances. A typical example is the house at Königstrasse 35, the core structure of which comes from the period of reconstruction after the devastating city fire of 1500.


House Pohlmeier-Bracht, Steinstrasse 30

 

In the immediate vicinity of the stone gate, the lawyer Johannes Kellner called Schlungrave and his wife Caecilia von Böckenförde called Schüngel had a stately, single-storey house built in 1568, which was designed using red brick and light sandstone.


House Pieper, Ritterstrasse 2

 

The one-storey half-timbered gable house "Pieper" with a double and powerful gable protruding onto "Taustabknaggen" is a listed building. The upper half of the gable is boarded up. Built around 1600,


Judengangsken

 

Location of the former synagogue.

 

The connecting street between Königstrasse and Ritterstrasse has only been officially known as Judengangsken for a few years.

 



Jewish Cemetery

 

A Jewish cemetery is first mentioned in Telgte in 1615; he was lying on the city wall by the stone gate. From 1820 the Telgter Jews buried their deceased in the new cemetery on Wallock.


The Church of St. Cornelius and St. Cyprian

 

The center of the district Westbevern is the parish church of St. Cornelius and St. Cyprian with a Romanesque tower from the 13th century and a neo-Gothic nave,


Knickenberghaus

 

The single-storey half-timbered building was the first school building in Telgte. It was built in 1820 and offered space for 180 students. After 57 years of boys 'school and 33 years of girls' school,


Marienlinde and monument to Christoph Bernhard von Galen

 

The Marienlinde at the Münstertor, which is the only one of the three Torlinden trees to survive the centuries, is probably over 750 years old


Marketplace

 

The market square with its historic buildings is the linchpin of inner-city life.

...more



Provost church of St. Clemens

 

The provost church of St. Clemens is a late Gothic hall church of the Westphalian type. Construction began in 1522.


Marian column, Am Schilde

 

The Marian column was created by the artist Ludwig Baur (1904-1977), who settled in Telgte in 1936. It is a foundation of the doctor Dr. Hugo Haar, a stone thank you for surviving the end of the war in Telgte.


Over a dozen sculptures in Telgte

 

Sculptures can be found in many streets, niches and in squares of Telgtes old town. Prof. Jörg Heydemann created ten works of art for the city of Telgte.

...more



Paul

 

In 2009 the "everyday people" were guests at over twenty places in the old town. The exhibition by the artist Christel Lechner was so popular that the city and the savings bank decided to purchase one of these concrete sculptures.


Pilgrimage chapel

 

The pilgrimage chapel houses the miraculous image of Our Lady of Sorrows, which was created around 1370. In 1654, the Prince-Bishop of Münster, Christoph Bernhard von Galen, personally laid the foundation stone


House Langen with a water mill

 

Haus Langen is located a little more than a kilometer southwest of Westbevern-Dorf directly on the Bever. The house is surrounded by a large ring wall with double, sometimes even triple ditches.


Vosshof

 

Along the Vosshof there are numerous small, old town-style houses, some of which are listed. The Voßhof is named after the noble Burgmann family Voss,


Sculpture in the top

 

In 2006 the new roundabout was inaugurated at the intersection of Orkotten - Alverskirchener Straße - Wolbecker Straße.


Mill at the Emstor

 

There used to be two grain mills on the Ems in Telgte: the large and the small mill. Both came into the possession of the Terfloth family in 1838.

...more

 

Village store in Westbevern

 

The village warehouse was built after the redesign of the village square in the Beveraue. The old half-timbered warehouse originally stood on the Nünning farm in the Wiewelhook.

more ...

 

Hochkreuz in Westbevern

 

The high cross and the old pastors' graves in the cemetery near the cemetery chapel remind us that the old cemetery was in use here from 1861 to 1924 and was leveled in 1969.

more ...

 

St. Anna Chapel

 

The St. Anna Chapel has stood near Brinker Platz since 1959, framed by mighty oaks. The previous buildings were in the same place. The first documentary mention is already in 1374.

more ...

 

Beermann`s Kappelken

 

“Beermann's Kapellken” is located near Haus Langen and was built in 1884 by the Schulze Terborg family.

more ...