What bacteria can you get from chicken
Diarrhea pathogen on chicken eggs
Bacteria can be transmitted to humans through contaminated chicken eggs, which cause contagious bowel inflammation. A transmission of germs can be avoided through hygienic measures.
Campylobacter: the most common bacterial cause of intestinal inflammation
The helical Campylobacter bacteria are mainly found in the intestines of poultry and get onto the shells of chicken eggs via the chicken droppings. Undercooked poultry meat is the most important source of Campylobacter infections, but eggs can also transmit the germ to humans.
Few bacteria cause Campylobacter enteritis, i.e. an inflammation of the intestine with fever, abdominal pain and often bloody diarrhea. Every year around 70,000 cases of Campylobacter enteritis are reported in Germany, making it the most common bacterial food-borne illness.
Hygiene in production and processing
With good house hygiene and the removal of chicken droppings when packaging chicken eggs, food manufacturers reduce the germ load for the consumer. "With good kitchen hygiene you can reduce the risk of infection from chicken eggs even further," says Professor Andreas Hensel, President of the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR). “Kitchen utensils and hands should be cleaned thoroughly after contact with raw eggs. And those who sufficiently heat dishes prepared with eggs reliably kill Campylobacter and other pathogens. "
Source: Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR)
Further information and tips on reducing the risk of infection from the BfR.
Authors05/28/2018 | Simone Lang
- What is PMM1
- How do you teach sales
- What make-up does RM from BTS use
- Does anyone know Payme0
- What is challah bread
- What causes mastoiditis
- What bad things are happening in ZA
- Litecoin mining is easier than Bitcoin
- Which fruit tastes good fried?
- Smart wallets are the next big thing
- How is the Sony Xperia XZ
- Why do teachers teach
- Can Liechtenstein invade China?
- How many Swedes speak Arabic
- Are there GraphLab alternatives for Python
- Any tips for a hypersensitive person
- Why is Nordstrom so successful
- Dehydration may cause irritability and / or depression
- What if you are dogmatic
- India faces the wrath of God
- How are hostels in IIIT Guwahati
- I am a teenager
- Which moon is greater Titan or Ganymede
- Where is the Karnataka State Open University located