Why are interstitial hydrides not true hydrides
The properties of the connections
Inorganic Chemistry pp 76-131 | Cite as
The electron shell of the free atoms - this has already been pointed out earlier - can be stabilized not only by the union of identical atoms, but also of different types of atoms. If there are two types of atoms A and B, then they can combine with one another in different proportions: Am B.n. The type A connectionsmB.n (e.g. H.2O) are called binary connections. Their structure and their properties depend on those of components A and B, and in such cases it is not too difficult to infer the behavior of the compound from the properties of the atom. This becomes more difficult if the connection is made up of more than two types of atoms. The more complicated compounds can, however, be treated in the same way as the binary compounds if certain atomic groups can be differentiated in them as compound ions or radicals. Covalent forces act within the composite ions or radicals, so that in most cases there are separate and stable groups of atoms. The compounds that are built up from such groups of atoms can be viewed as binary compounds. A real binary connection is e.g. B. potassium chloride, but also potassium sulfate can be viewed as such on this basis.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.Institute for Inorganic and Analytical ChemistryL. Eötvös University Budapest Hungary
- Political protests are pointless
- Was there a lonely wolf terrorism in front of guns
- Will the tires balance out
- Does everyday life cause hearing loss?
- What prevents emotional and moral decline
- How would Goku win against Thor
- Isdone DLL comes with all computers
- What can cause black spots in mucus
- Why do people take arrogance for shyness
- A person may be allergic to sunscreen
- Why are the people from Indiana called Hoosiers
- If 9x 10 10 what is x
- Why am I never happy with myself?
- How is my mutual fund allocation
- What do soccer players do
- What is the world fighting for
- What should I learn Ukrainian or Russian
- Death just has its way
- How do players deal with rejection
- Was Obamacare really a Republican idea
- Did Jesus create the universe
- What are sanspits
- Has Quora offices in NYC
- Which book has the topic of dance resonance