What is a public key hash
Encryption makes information incomprehensible to outsiders. Only the initiated can encrypt or decrypt data with the help of so-called keys.
There are many different methods of encryption / decryption, which are also considered to be differently secure and are also used for different purposes.
- symmetrical encryption method (secret key method):
The same key is used for encryption and decryption. Only the sender and recipient of an encrypted message are allowed to know the key.
Considered to be very efficient.
Disadvantage: Replacing the key can be problematic.
Known procedures: DES (Data Encryption Standard), IDEAS (International Data Encryption Algorithm), AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
- asymmetrical encryption method (public key method):
Two different keys are used for encryption and decryption. The sender and recipient each have a private key, which must be kept secret in any case, and a public key.
The encryption takes place with the public key of the recipient, the recipient can only decrypt the encrypted message with his private key.
Disadvantage: The complex process is only suitable for encrypting small amounts of data.
- hybrid encryption methods:
Combination of symmetrical and asymmetrical encryption.
A common session key is agreed and transmitted with asymmetric encryption. Further communication is encrypted symmetrically with the session key.
- cryptographic hash procedures:
This converts texts of any length to a character string with a fixed length, the so-called fingerprint. For the fingerprint, it should be practically impossible to determine the original text and to find a second text with the same fingerprint.
Application: verification of passwords; Confirmation of the integrity (intactness) of e-mails, software or documents.
Known methods: SHA-2, SHA-256, RIPEMD-160
MD4, MD5, RIPEMD-128, SHA are now considered unsafe
- Are you someone confidante
- In simple terms what is string theory
- What are demolition tools
- What are Brief Professional Biography Examples
- How important is school to be successful
- Are emotions and illnesses linked
- What is anaerobic breathing in bacteria
- Is Eric Clapton a little overrated
- Will Kurdistan gain independence after the war?
- How to get lsd in delhi
- How did you come back from a mistake
- Why are Indian ambulances always late
- Who is David S Rose
- What is silk cotton
- How do you guarantee long-term prosperity
- Which is the largest suburb in Hyderabad
- Is Tropo dead
- How does the air move
- What is your favorite lie about Brexit?
- Are religions ethical
- Is Pepsi Max really the same taste
- What does PPS
- Arvind Kejriwal was born with a silencer
- Open source software can have viruses