How do I develop a USSD application
Energy efficient GSM modules
Kamil's answer is quite correct that the average standby current for GSM modules is much lower than the peak current, so you should get a standby time similar to that of a phone. It depends on your application. Another trick you can use is to completely log off the network, completely shut down the module, and then activate it regularly, for example once an hour.
One technique I've used a lot for GPRS is for the remote devices to periodically wake up and send data ready to be transmitted while looking for incoming messages / commands waiting on the server. It can take a minute or two to register on the network, and the power consumption for most modules appears to be higher during this process. Therefore, it probably only makes sense to go this route if you wake up about every fifteen minutes or less. Of course, this only works if you can tolerate the latency that arises between sending and receiving data.
If you have a time reference available, I am aware of a GPS tracking system that does something similar for SMS by waking up for certain periods of time during the day. So you can set it to wake up five minutes an hour and you have the window where you can communicate with the device to change settings etc via SMS.
- Can Hindus pray to Sikh Gurus?
- What is a Lorax
- What do you do when you are embarrassed
- How fast can you drive your car
- How do I prepare slides
- What does the word Suehne mean?
- How CEOs manage their time
- What are the Satta Matka games
- What politicians have admitted to political greatness
- What is Codejinn com
- How can I clear my PC history
- What makes Quora worth your time
- Is it a bad thing to be too humble?
- What is Mind Over Matter Technology
- What makes PUBG addicting
- Is there a homeopathic drug for COPD
- What disease is known as Christmas sickness
- What is a misunderstood truth you know
- Why are preprocessors useful for CSS
- How thick should polycarbonate be
- What if you talk too much
- Who sees my Instagram pictures and videos
- What is Yelp doing wrong
- What is the civil rights movement