What are the advantages of the Ackerman steering
An alternative to the wheel-side steering, which is used on most VolksBot models, is the steering knuckle. It was patented by Rudolph Ackermann in 1816 and is therefore also named after him.
With the Ackermann steering, each wheel on the steered axle is turned independently and has different steering angles. In the automotive industry, the correct steering angles are usually implemented using a mechanical arrangement, the steering trapezoid (see figure on the right). The correct steering angle for each wheel (also called Ackermann angle) depends on the dimensions of the vehicle (wheelbase, track width, steering radius).
In the VolksBot project, the mechanical construction of a steering trapezoid was dispensed with and instead a separate steering drive was implemented for each steered wheel. The calculation of the Ackermann angle is done by the software, whereby the above-mentioned dimensions of the vehicle are made available to the software as input parameters. As a result, the greatest possible flexibility in the dimensioning of the vehicle is retained and larger steering angles can be implemented.
In order to maintain good driving characteristics even with large steering angles, the drive was relocated to the steered axle.
Our solution based on Volksbot components includes:
- Are Barcelona fans spoiled
- What are some examples of independent animals
- Can toners cause pimples?
- Who is the best musical person
- What are the Android applications
- UPS works on Saturday
- How many stocks are there in Sensex
- Why is my smartphone camera switched on
- What is a Canadian Visa Expert
- Will there be a MIPS-based phone
- Is it bad for children to grind their teeth?
- Which pet store can I trust
- What Are Some Good Stock Research Sites
- Why were surveillance cameras made first
- Can Armenians understand the Azerbaijani Turkish language
- Do you think i'm ugly
- Why is Hurricane Katrina important
- How does Derren Brown do these tricks
- What is Instagram and YouTube
- What is an automated test solution
- Is women in technology something to celebrate
- How did Burgundy get its name
- How can I control the humidity