Too much lemon water is bad
Does the lemon water harm your teeth?
Again and again it is said that lemon water harms your teeth. Lemons or the juice from them are undoubtedly sour. However, the health benefits for the entire organism far outweigh them. Acids can of course be harmful to teeth, that's true, but only under certain conditions. You would have to sip a lemon drink constantly - for several hours - or rinse your mouth with lemon juice several times a day (which nobody does, of course!) So that your teeth can no longer recover. In that case, you would see the damage to the teeth.
However, if you use lemon juice e.g. B. use it for dressing or drink lemon water once a day (takes a maximum of 1 minute), then this is not harmful to the teeth. Furthermore, if you want to be on the safe side, you can take into account various points that further reduce the potential damage caused by lemon juice:
You dilute it heavily with water (nobody drinks it neat), you use cold water (hot water makes the acid more aggressive), you use a straw that prevents contact with your front teeth and you can even simply open your mouth with clear water afterwards do the washing up.
Should you brush your teeth before or after the lemon water?
It was once believed that after eating fruit or anything sour, you shouldn't brush your teeth and you had to wait at least 30 to 60 minutes. In our article brushing your teeth after fruit, we explain why the previous recommendation is outdated.
You can drink the lemon water - just as you like - before or after brushing your teeth. In both cases we would rinse our mouths with water after the lemon water - as explained in the previous paragraph.
Should you really drink the lemon water every day?
During a cure with lemon water, you drink it daily. However, this does not mean that you have to drink the lemon water permanently for a lifetime. We recommend a short-term application of every two to three weeks. In between, you take a break of several weeks, not least because there are many other purifying and detoxifying measures that can be used alternately.
Lemon and Garlic Cure
If you want to intensify the effect of the lemon water, you can also consume the lemon as part of the lemon-garlic cure. You will not only benefit from the positive mechanisms of action and vital substances of lemon, but you will also benefit from the detoxifying properties of garlic.
- We have described here how to prepare and carry out the lemon-garlic cure: The lemon-garlic cure
This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, e.g. to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Aras B1, Kalfazade N, Tucu V, Kemahli E, Ozbay B, Polat H, Tai AI. Can lemon juice be an alternative to potassium citrate in the treatment of urinary calcium stones in patients with hypocitraturia? A prospective randomized study. (Can lemon juice become an alternative to potassium citrate in the treatment of calcium stones in patients with hypocitraturia? A prospective, randomized study.) Urol Res. 2008 Dec; 36 (6): 313-7. doi: 10.1007 / s00240-008-0152-6.
- Zuckerman JM1, Assimos DG. Hypocitraturia: pathophysiology and medical management. (Hypocitraturia: pathophysiology and medical therapy.) Rev Urol. 2009 Summer; 11 (3): 134-44.
- Seltzer, Marc A., et al. "Dietary manipulation with lemonade to treat hypocitraturic calcium nephrolithiasis." (Diet change with lemonade to treat hypocitraturic kidney stone tendency.)
- Oussama A1, Touhami M, Mbarki M. In vitro and in vivo study of the effect of lemon juice on urinary lithogenesis. (In vitro and in vivo study of the effects of lemon juice on the formation of urinary stones.) Arch Esp Urol. 2005 Dec; 58 (10): 1087-92.
- Touhami, Mohammed, et al. "Lemon juice has protective activity in a rat urolithiasis model." (Experiment with laboratory rats on the formation of urinary stones shows the protective activity of lemon juice.) BMC urology 7.1 (2007): 18.
- Sarah C. Corriher. Eliminating Kidney Stones Naturally. (Get rid of kidney stones naturally.) The Health Wyze Report. 2012.
- Penniston, Kristina L., Thomas H. Steele, and Stephen Y. Nakada. "Lemonade therapy increases urinary citrate and urine volumes in patients with recurrent calcium oxalate stone formation." (Lemonade therapy increases the citrate content and urine volume in patients with recurrent calcium oxalate stone formation.) Urology 70.5 (2007): 856-860.
- Kang, David E., et al. "Long-term lemonade based dietary manipulation in patients with hypocitraturic nephrolithiasis." (Long-term diet change with lemonade in patients with hypocitratural kidney stone tendency.) The Journal of urology 177.4 (2007): 1358-1362.
- Koff, Stacey G., et al. "Comparison between lemonade and potassium citrate and impact on urine pH and 24-hour urine parameters in patients with kidney stone formation." (Comparison of the influence of lemonade and potassium citrate on urine pH and certain urine-related parameters in patients with kidney stones.) Urology 69.6 (2007): 1013-1016.
- Vazouras KG1, Partheniou J, Dimoliatis ID, "Alleviation and prevention of severe allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis following long-term lemon juice use: a case report", Cases J., 2009, (The relief and prevention of severe allergic nasal and conjunctivitis following long-term use of lemon juice: a case report.)
- Naito M, Fukuchi Y et al., Lemon Polyphenols Suppress Diet-induced Obesity by Up-Regulation of mRNA Levels of the Enzymes Involved in? -Oxidation in Mouse White Adipose Tissue, November 2008, Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, (Polyphenole from Lemons suppress diet-related obesity by upregulating the mRNA expression of the enzymes involved in? -Oxidation in mice in the white adipose tissue)
- Teves SA et al., "Lemon juice as a natural biocide for disinfecting drinking water, Bulletin of the Pan American Health Organization, December 1994, (lemon juice as a natural biocide for disinfecting drinking water)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Can unmanned probes return to Earth
- Artificial intelligence creates value
- How do I start a news release
- How accurate are Wikipedia's biographies
- Kejriwal lost it
- Are Sue Bird and Larry Bird related
- Is MBBS a trustworthy option in Russia
- Which planet is tilted 90 degrees?
- What are some sentence examples with metaphor
- Is crab a fish or meat
- How does Barack Obama know Richard Branson
- Is a child born in Israel Jewish
- What is the need for emotion
- What caused the aurors on Jupiter
- If Stannis would eventually overthrow his brother Robert
- What are some bizzare fruits
- How can we speed up our memory
- How are roads made in the USA?
- Anyone else excited about Battlefront II
- Is space travel a joke
- What do speed bumps do for pedestrians
- What do jihadists believe
- Should we use the word should
- How much does Solar City really cost