What is the healthiest honey
honey The miracle cure honey: it does all of this for you!
Honey has long been an integral part of the breakfast table. After all, it is not only sweet and tasty, but also a source of energy: 75 to 80 percent of it consists of fruit and grape sugar, which the body uses to generate energy, among other things. Dextrose, in particular, provides a boost in performance during sport and work (our brain alone needs 100 to 140 grams of glucose per day). Fructose, on the other hand, passes more slowly into the blood and in this way ensures that your performance is maintained longer.
Honey: He can do that for you!
We Germans consume 1.3 kilos of liquid bee gold per capita and year - world class when it comes to honey consumption. The lion's share ends up on bread and rolls, but the golden-yellow culinary delight offers much more than that. Thanks to the interaction of its ingredients, the range of uses for liquid gold is actually quite large.
- Its enzymes create substances with an antibacterial effect. This makes it last longer and also has a soothing effect in many areas.
- For example, hot honey milk for sore throats has been familiar to many from childhood.
- In addition, honey has a pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effect and is perfect as an ointment for rough lips (just give it a try: mix a teaspoon of petroleum jelly with a dollop of honey).
- “Milk and honey” was also the beauty miracle cure of the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra. Applied externally, honey is an effective, natural beauty elixir: it retains moisture in the skin, nourishes it and makes it soft.
At the moment, Manuka honey from New Zealand is literally on everyone's lips: Thanks to its ingredient methylglyoxal (MGO), Manuka has a particularly antiseptic, wound-healing and antioxidant effect.
The ingredients of honey
200 substances are contained in honey. These ingredients make the natural product a unique complex of effects:
Minerals and trace elements: Sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, manganese, boron. # Enzymes: invertase, glucose oxidase, diastase.
Amino acids: Alanine, aspartic acid, glycine, proline.
Vitamins: C, B 2, B 6, niacin, pantothenic acid.
The fields of application of honey
- Skin: Thanks to its antibacterial, anti-fungal properties, honey is a good product for skin care. Simply rub a little honey into impurities and let it work overnight. Wash off the next morning. Even though honey cannot heal blemishes, it is good at relieving inflammation and dryness.
Despite its high sugar content, honey can even tackle fungal infections. In an artificial environment and in studies with those affected, it has already been used several times on Candida albicans - the result is always the same: the bee gold significantly inhibits the growth of the fungus. The solutions develop their effect from a honey content of 80 percent. A mixture of honey, olive oil and beeswax, each in equal parts, has been tested in studies on people with various skin diseases (including neurodermatitis and psoriasis). Conclusion: The symptoms of the skin diseases visibly decreased, the cortisone dose administered up to then could be reduced.
- Hair: Honey makes the headdress soft and flexible and can also give it shine and firmness - so it becomes the magic ingredient of a hair treatment. As a humectant, it prevents the hair from drying out. The high sugar content binds the moisture in the hair structure and ensures strong roots - this can also counteract hair loss!
- Stomach & intestines: honey with warm milk or warm tea (peppermint, chamomile or fennel) helps with complaints. Another recipe, especially for flatulence: put three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of honey in a glass and fill up with lukewarm water. Bee honey also helps with too much stomach acid and improves digestion. As long as it is consumed in moderation, it is a perfect remedy.
1 tablespoon of honey before heavy dishes can relieve indigestion. After a large meal, a mixture of honey, lemon and lukewarm water should help to stimulate the digestive process.
- Wounds: Honey accelerates the healing process and helps with pain, swelling and secretion. The following honey ointment has proven itself for light, superficial cuts and abrasions: Take 3 teaspoons of Eucerin from the pharmacy and 1 teaspoon of natural honey. The whole thing is stirred into a smooth mass. This is applied to the wound at least three times a day. The self-made healing ointment can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three months. Alternatively, honey can be applied directly to wounds and light burns. Big plus: With the help of honey, wounds heal with less scarring. Important: In the case of purulent and deep wounds, no self-experiments with commercially available honey. There are "Medihoney" products (for example in the pharmacy) that have been specially prepared so that they are absolutely sterile.
- Cold: Honey supports the immune system even in the cold mode. The symptoms of the flu or cold, such as a cough, sore throat, and nasal congestion, can be noticeably improved with honey. To stabilize the immune system, one to two tablespoons of honey in warm water are recommended every day. The effect can be achieved even better with a few additional splashes of lemon juice and / or a little cinnamon.
How is honey made?
Everything starts with the flowers and bees! The industrious insect collects the nectar from around 1500 flowers before returning to the beehive with its prey. There, the nectar is replenished with valuable enzymes while water is withdrawn from it at the same time. Then the beekeeper comes into play: He takes the honeycombs from the hive and hurls the honey out with a centrifuge. This is then filtered with a sieve and then bottled.
What types of honey are there?
The best-known varieties include acacia, buckwheat, eucalyptus, linden and rapeseed, but there are two dozen types of honey in total.
Acacia works particularly well with colds, while buckwheat can alleviate digestive problems. Eucalyptus has expectorant and anti-inflammatory properties, and linden honey can lower fever. Thanks to its high glucose content, rapeseed honey provides a lot of energy.
But how do you actually recognize good honey? The shorter the path from the bee to the consumer, the better! It's best to buy your bee sap from the region. In addition, you should make sure that the honey is cold-pressed, as it loses many important ingredients when heated.
Store honey properly
Temperature fluctuations and light can have an adverse effect. Moisture does not get him either - honey strongly attracts water. The gold of the bees should be kept as dark as possible and at room temperature (between 18 and 21 degrees), preferably in the kitchen cupboard, not in the refrigerator! Make sure to keep the lid on the jar airtight. If the consistency changes - i.e. if your honey product crystallizes - this is by no means a sign of deterioration: It actually happens very often. Depending on the ratio of fructose to glucose in the nectar, some varieties crystallize earlier, others later. Then slowly warm the honey in a water bath (up to 40 degrees) with occasional stirring - this will make it nice and liquid again.
Honey recipes for hair, care and strength
Shine & strength for your hair
1 tbsp honey
200 ml of water
1 dash of vinegar
The water is heated to about 35 degrees. Then the honey is added and dissolved in the water. A splash of vinegar
to do this, stir everything well. Apply the conditioner to washed, damp hair and massage in with your fingertips. After five minutes, it can be rinsed off lukewarm. The honey conditioner also ensures that your hair can be combed through easily.
Care & firmness? Take that!
3 tbsp honey
a few drops of olive oil
1 shower cap
Mix the amount of honey with a little olive oil and carefully heat up on the stove or in the microwave. Distribute the still lukewarm mixture evenly in damp hair. Then cover the hair well with a shower cap and leave the treatment on for 30 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly with warm water (up to 40 degrees). Another care recommendation: Mix 1 egg with 1 cup of yogurt (ideal: organic quality), 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply to damp hair and leave on for 20 minutes.
Honey recipe for your health
When affected by a flue
500 ml of milk
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2-3 tbsp honey
Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan, remove from heat. Add cinnamon and cloves, stir. Put the lid on, leave to cool off the stove for 10 to 15 minutes. Take out the cloves and stir in honey. Makes 2 to 3 glasses.
Strengthen defenses with Golden Milk
An Ayurvedic potion that strengthens the immune system. Vegans replace the milk with oat or almond drink or only use water. You can also use paste or powder instead of fresh turmeric.
300 ml of milk
1 cm fresh ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons of honey
Warm milk, do not boil! Finely dice the ginger and add. Add turmeric and cinnamon, stir. Sweeten with honey. Strain the mixture through a sieve and froth up.
Honey recipe for better sleep
Good night: finally bed rest for you!
300 ml of lukewarm water
2 teaspoons of honey
2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
5 drops of lavender oil
Mix the water, honey and apple vinegar together in a large glass. The addition of lavender oil is optional, and it is also helpful to prepare honey and tea from fresh valerian (root) or a handful of hop cones or lemon balm leaves. Drink all recommendations shortly before going to bed!
From the Indian doctrine of healing, the following drink has proven itself in sleep disorders:
1 cup of milk
1-2 pinches saffron
1-2 tbsp ground almonds
1 pinch of grated nutmeg
1-2 teaspoons of honey
Simmer the milk with the saffron on a low flame for about half an hour. Then add the ground almonds and the nutmeg zest. Let the whole thing cool down to below 40 degrees and finally add the honey. Stir well and enjoy!
(Collaboration: Cover Media)
- What is Kararara com
- What are the main focuses in industrial engineering
- Harari criticizes the policies of the Israeli government
- Why do we use AVL
- What if Krillin Killed Android 18
- Could a lynx be domesticated?
- How did Baahubali kill Kattapa
- How can you live with AIDS
- Perfect circular orbits in space are unusual
- What is the Server
- What is a fact about Udaipur
- What should all guitarists know in general?
- Why are budgets important in management
- What does fh5co stand for in HTML
- Is there groundwater on Mars
- TCP waits for ACK
- Which color would you describe as brownish green?
- Advocates hatred against discrimination against sociopaths
- Difficult to install the LAMP stack
- How is the Pioneer PDP 6020 manufactured
- Why do people floss the dance
- Could hearts generate electricity
- Which strategy consultancies focus on media
- Indict Europe Presidents
- Freddie Mercury was well endowed
- Which is better math or trade
- How does Ayurveda fit in with our country?
- Who will buy Ferrari and Rolls Royce
- What is a british grandmother
- What are some cool arabic surnames
- Which wines go well with whole milk?
- What is the oldest recorded chess problem
- Why is it better to work as a general actuary?