How expensive is everything on earth
How much is the earth actually worth?
Astronomically high replacement value
One thing should be said right from the start: the earth is the most valuable of all planets. Surpirse! And the American astronomer Greg Laughlin has even made it more concrete: According to his calculation, our earth is a proud five quadrillion US dollars (for fun, let's spell it out: 5,000,000,000,000,000) value. So that's how much a planet costs on which humans can survive. The following applies: Je more habitable, the more valuable.
The Mars is therefore a real bargain by the way: The costs for our red neighboring planet should be somewhere between $ 14,000 to $ 16,000 level off. Terrestrial planets discovered so far are not particularly valuable, by the way. For example comes Gliese 581c just to a value of about $ 158.
In Greg Laughlin's calculations with a complicated formula for earth-like planets Among other things, the mass of the planet, its distance to the sun and the temperature on the surface are included. In fact, he didn't just calculate it out of boredom, because behind this is the purely practical problem that astronomers have to choose those from the multitude of Earth-like planets that have been discovered that are worth further exploration.
And what about our moon?
Now please don't be disappointed: The moon is practically worthless. The scientist Chuck Magee has for the the loyal earth companion is worth 7x10 to the power of -25 US dollars determined. For comparison, 10 to the power of -2 is $ 0.01. But with our moon we are still well served. Because Jupiter's moon Europa only has a value of 7 × 10 to the power of -47 US dollars. And Titan, Saturn's moon, only comes in at 9.5 × 10 to the -44 US dollars. So basically nothing. We can count ourselves more than lucky with our earth and its moon.
- How is the Touareg situation in Mali?
- What is the most effective remedy for diabetes
- Why doesn't everyone get dental seals
- How does depth perception work
- Can a magnetic field obstruct the electric current
- How is the air quality index determined
- Do nasal shapers actually work
- Which way should a coffin take? Why
- How did you deal with loss
- Are juice boxes recyclable
- Who are you, what makes you different
- Someone is using kratom
- Gluons are electromagnetic waves
- How is Banquo presented in Macbeth
- Is mean always wrong
- When will Apple Time Capsule update
- How do I overcome a concrete crack
- What does ritual activity mean in Islam
- What workouts can skinny guys get muscle
- What is the barley for fishing
- Why are you apologizing
- What kind of triangle is structurally the strongest
- Old literature means
- Why was Hemu killed by Akbar
- What are the uses of cycloconverters
- What is microcontact printing
- What are the teachings of Shintoism
- How did Russia acquire so much land mass
- What's the best way to use Twitter
- What is a Fagopyrum esculentum
- What is your pets favorite snack?
- Which self-publishing platform supports perforated pages?