How can you measure the scope
Measure your waist - How to measure your waist circumference
The waist, along with the hips and the chest, is one of the three basic measurements used for clothing sizes, sports and health. It describes the narrowest part of the torso, which is located between the chest and the hips and, depending on the size, represents an ideal of beauty in many cultures. How exactly is this measure determined?
The waist measurement is an important reference measurement for a variety of uses. It is used in fashion and clothing so that a suitable fit can be made possible. Designers, for example, use this information when they are looking for a model that does not exceed or fall short of a certain size. In addition, the circumference of the body is important in order to be able to assess possible health problems in advance. Regardless of the reason you need the circumference of your waist, measuring is not difficult and can be easily done alone or in pairs. A big advantage of this is that measuring does not take a lot of time.
Before you measure your core, you need to make some preparations so that the result is not falsified and you do not accidentally buy a shirt that is too large. Especially if you have a special fitness goal in mind, measuring correctly is important so that you don't stress when the measuring tape says your waist size is suddenly bigger than it was last month. For measuring, you only need a tape measure that can be placed close to the body, i.e. no retractable tape measure from the workshop. The following points must be observed:
1. Always measure with an unclothed torso. Even a T-shirt can negatively affect the measurement result. This is particularly important because measurement errors are common because of clothing, but many people ignore this.
2. The waist circumference should best be measured in the morning, even before breakfast. This point should actually be clear, but many people measure themselves in the evening after they have eaten throughout the day. Likewise, you should not ingest too much fluids, as large amounts of water and other drinks also lead to a bloated stomach. You should even forego coffee beforehand.
3. If you want to lose weight or have to check your circumference again and again due to medical reasons, you should definitely do this monthly. Belly fat takes a while to shed, so weekly measuring would not be productive.
Measure your waist - instructions
After the preparation you can now measure your waist circumference. All you have to do is follow these instructions:
Step 1: The first thing you should do is locate your core. The waist is between the hip bones and the rib cage and has no ribs. The point to be measured is located directly above the navel and under the last rib. If you look at yourself from the front in the mirror, it is the thinner part above the navel.
2nd step: Now relax your abdominal muscles and stand straight, relaxed. Make sure you breathe out, but don't pull in your stomach afterwards.
3rd step: Now the measuring tape is put on. Don't be alarmed, but sometimes the piece of metal on the tape measure can be cool. If you have problems putting on the band yourself, you should get a second person to help.
4th step:Run the measuring tape all the way around your waist until you are back at the end of the tape. Now you should look again whether it is twisted in one place and repair it accordingly.
5th step: Read off the result and make a note of it. Now you know what your waist size is.
Are you looking for more information and tips on measuring body dimensions? Here you will find detailed instructions from head to toe: Measuring body measurements
Why is the waist size important?
For men, the center of the body is usually only talked about when it comes to abdominal muscles or shirts and jackets for a suit. Yes, the measure is very important for clothing and sports, as only through this can progress be tracked and clothing can be adjusted. Did you know that there is another very important reason for the size? We're talking about your health. The circumference of the middle of the body can be used on the basis of guide values to determine possible health problems. The following values for men and women, regardless of their size, must be observed from the age of 17:
- Women: 80 cm
- Men: 94 cm and 102 cm
From a waist circumference of 80 cm in women, slight health risks can arise, which can become more serious with every centimeter. In men, this occurs from 94 cm and from 102 cm even serious health risks can occur. These include:
- increased risk of stroke
- increased risk of heart disease
- Type II diabetes risk
- increased risk of cancer
The death rate from a waist that is too high increases to 13 to 17 percent, although this naturally depends on the amount of "belly fat". The more fat there is, the more messenger and toxins are stored and continuously released to the body. Therefore, the fat should be reduced if the values are too high. The waist-to-hip ratio is also often out of joint and the BMI is in many cases over 25. The girth of the middle of the body provides information about possible problems that you could encounter with fat on your stomach, but it also helps you to find the right clothes find or be adapted. However, if you have one or more of the following conditions and are not overweight, the above values do not apply:
- You are pregnant
- medical conditions that cause core bloat, such as chronic bowel problems
- You are sick and therefore bloated
It may even happen that your hips are naturally wider. This occurs especially with cultures from the Southeast Asian or oceanic regions, such as:
Even people who have a parent from this part of the world can have a larger waistline by birth. This should be taken into account when measuring.
Tips: certain waist sizes also apply to children, but only from the age of 12 months, as babies should never be too thin. For the first 16 years of life, different values are found for each year: a 10-year-old child should not exceed 62 cm in circumference, while the maximum limit for a 3-year-old is 52 to 53 cm.
- Use Ninja Clawgrip when playing Fortnite
- What happens when melatonin expires
- How to say gender in Malay
- What do you think of Urban Dictionary
- Is LPU better than Sathyabama University
- What should a Muslim want in life
- What does Totha mean in the Kashmiri language
- What are some full moon rituals
- Is it a complete sentence
- What are some good professional animation services
- The earth could suddenly be destroyed
- What are macros 1
- How is fashion design in India
- How do I deliver my project
- What's the point of a Chromebook
- Could a lynx be domesticated?
- How valuable am I to society
- Are we in a quantum entanglement?
- How do you learn to listen
- What's the best way to use Twitter
- What is Jungkook from BTS's individual style
- How do I archive my old emails
- How can I get my boyfriend pregnant
- What is the formula of 2sin theta