Was Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. racist
Martin Luther King
to the overview KNOWLEDGE
Martin Luther King dreamed of a world in which all people have the same rights, regardless of their skin color or religion.
In the 1950s, black people in the USA had to get up on the bus if a white person wanted to take their seat. Children who were black were not allowed to go to the same schools as whites and in the cinema black people were given the worst - if any - seat.
"I have a dream ..."
In 1963, organizations promoting equality for all people held a large demonstration in the capital, Washington.
It was at this demonstration that Martin Luther King gave his most famous speech. He said: "I have a dream. That my four young children will one day live in a country where they are judged not by their skin color but by their character."
More than 200,000 people came together to demonstrate against the discrimination against black citizens.
They demanded the right to vote, equal opportunities for a good job and better schools. In the years that followed, King was able to convince more and more people to stand up for equality.
Martin Luther King's speech helped ensure that a law was introduced in the United States in 1964, according to which all people should be equal.
On April 4, 1968, he was murdered by a white racist. The mourners continued to work to make his dream come true.
But even today many still have to fight against racism: Black people of color find a job more difficult and also earn less than white people.
In 2008, for the first time in US history, a black person was elected president. His name is Barack Obama and he was re-elected in 2012.
Incidentally, Martin Luther King is still the only black person to be honored with a national holiday in the United States: every year, Americans celebrate "Martin Luther King Day" on the third Monday in January.
- What is the technical example of polymorphism
- Are there waste laws in the UK?
- Is natural gas a clean energy
- Is the Google Wave infrastructure useful
- Is jaundice a communicable disease or not
- 2 SSDs slow down your computer
- What is the Higgs boson particle 2
- Should i use google forms or jotform
- Why do people read Star Wars novels
- Why does our body need carbohydrates
- Why can't humans live on Jupiter
- Why does high blood pressure cause nosebleeds
- Would you organize an event in Japan?
- The police are investigating an internet fraud
- How does crypto currency fraud actually work?
- Netflix recently reduced its movie inventory
- How do you connect two wires
- What creates a habitual liar
- Are you dissatisfied with your self-image
- Do stocks perfectly track the economy
- Fasting will increase your blood pressure
- What is historical fantasy
- Is co-education allowed in Islam
- What a word is ballet