How do I grow seeds
Grow cacti yourself: that's how it works!
Beginners should start with easy-care cacti that germinate and grow well. The following genera are recommended here: Ferocactus, Frailea, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Notocactus and Trichocereus. Anyone who knows how to use it can then venture into all other genres with a clear conscience and only choose according to their own taste.
© Jakub Starosta
Growing cacti: where can I get cactus seeds?
The easiest way to get seeds is one Order on the Internet. There are offers on Amazon or eBay, some of them from private sellers. High-quality seeds should be sent directly specialized online retailers to buy. Or you speak to a cactus grower or a grower association in your area. Most growers will be more than happy to offer you excess seeds and also provide you with tips and tricks.
- Clean You all the seeds first.
- After that they will be for four to six hours placed in a three percent peroxide or in a pink potassium permanganate solution. Both are available in pharmacies.
- After this dry the seeds are ready to be sown.
© Jakub Starosta
Mix and prepare the cactus soil
- As Growing substrate is a mixture of White peat and sand (1: 1). It has to be loose and well drained. If you mix in some brick flour, zeolite or expanded clay, it becomes even more airy.
- The substrate should absolutely freed from germs and fungal spores become. The easiest way to do this is in the microwave: The moist soil mixture in a loosely filled, open plastic bag for Heat for ten minutesuntil everything is well steamed.
- Are suitable for sowing Plastic cups, bowls or small growing greenhouses. Important: clean thoroughly with a disinfectant.
After that, put it on one bright warm place. The cacti germinate at temperatures between 20 and 30 degrees Celsius. The seed pots should be you never in the blazing sun so that the vessels do not overheat.
Germination takes time depending on the species and conditions a few days or several weeks. When most of the seeds are germinated, you can every now and then ventilate brieflyto get them used to fresh air. Enter the plants a couple of weeks for this. Then you can leave the sowing without a cover, always slightly damp.
For further reading: Here you can find out how to get your houseplants through the winter.
- Why does my period hurt?
- Which anime character describes you
- Like UBS Mumbai for an MBA
- How can Indians access Spotify
- Are you melancholy these days
- Donna Summer was the queen of the disco
- Where can I find Tricentis Tosca material
- All college professors are bad
- What is a martini
- What are some specific ketogenic diet recipes
- What went wrong with Micromax
- Twin flames are put back together again
- What causes white mold on the walls
- What is digital storytelling
- When should you exercise?
- Anti-dandruff shampoo is a total scam
- Did the Chinese invent the chariot on their own?
- Are the Germans particularly racist?
- Blocks Pandora Music VPN connections
- What are common problems with Audis
- Is Brett Kavanaugh racist
- How can I get my business website
- Somebody forgets the best vengeance
- Is there such a thing as an online internship
- Treat any religion equally
- What is known as Tornado Alley
- What is the best use of wood
- Why are weeds healthy for some people
- What will happen if India forbids Islam?
- The ground effect is the same as when dragging
- What was Jennifer Aniston's first role
- How can Vietnam build up its soft power
- What is an affordable water desalination process
- How do I choose a mobile router